Vudu soft plastics

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Russ@R&R

Vudu soft plastics

Post by Russ@R&R »

Anybody tried Vudu soft plastics for trout/reds? I've heard some good things about them from a couple of friends that fish the Ga. coast.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Vudu soft plastics

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I use the shrimp and mullet, I prefer the mullet to the shrimp but the shrimp does well bottom fishing. They are tough but blues will still tear them up. Whatever you do, do not mix them with regular soft plastics.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I've used the shrimp. I don't think they're as durable as they claim, cost more than they're worth, and I don't like the exposed lead weight. They do look more realistic than D.O.A. shrimp but I still prefer the D.O.A. shrimp with the internal weights.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

You guys who are fishing the Vudu Mullet - have you had any issues with fish pulling off partway back to the boat? I like the bait action, but have been hesitant to buy one because most of the fish I catch seem to be hooked on the back hook of my lures.

Thanks - Steve Stinson
JWCAMILLA

Post by JWCAMILLA »

Russ@R&R wrote:Anybody tried Vudu soft plastics for trout/reds? I've heard some good things about them from a couple of friends that fish the Ga. coast.

Russ, are you the Russ and Rhonda that used to put on the R&R tournaments in south/mid Ga? If so, I used to fish your tournaments. Frank and Tommy Watson were my uncles.
"KEEP ON KEEPING ON"
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I havent had issues with fish coming off the mullet, but I fish a Devil too and it has a single treble. I have had issues with blues chewing the tail off eventually.
Russ@R&R

Post by Russ@R&R »

JWCamilla, you are correct sir! I sure miss Tommy & Frank.
JWCAMILLA

Post by JWCAMILLA »

Russ@R&R wrote:JWCamilla, you are correct sir! I sure miss Tommy & Frank.
Yeah, me too. This is Jason West by the way. Good hearing from you again. How's Ms Rhonda doing? Tell her I said hello and we need to get together one day and go do some fishing down there.
"KEEP ON KEEPING ON"
Russ@R&R

Post by Russ@R&R »

Good to hear from you, Jason. She's still short and mean as a snake! lol I sold my bass boat last year and bought an Xpress flats/center console boat. We've been going to Carrabelle/Lanark for years on vacation. (Clay & I have been wade-fishing and doing very well) I decided that we could fish down there and the lakes/creeks at home with a flats boat. (Instead of messing up a nice bass boat in saltwater)