Econfina/Aucilla flats

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Econfina/Aucilla flats

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Fished Econfina/Aucilla area Saturday and Sunday with my brother and a friend. Limited on trout both days in the 18 to 20" range.Not many short fish caught at all for a change. Most caught on straight jig/grub combo some on top water. The weather was unbearably hot both days,but well worth the trip.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Dadgum! I haven't limited on trout down there in I don't know when. Congrats!! Way to go!! What's your secret? :cry: I think most of my problem is stubbornness. I have always gone left out of Econfina and the trend now seems to be toward Aucilla. Will definitely have to try it next trip down...the 10th I think. How deep were you? Did you just bump the grub off the bottom or swim it slowly(quickly)? Congrats again on the fine catch.

tf
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Go right Trout fisher,go right. Go deep Trout fisher ,go deep. Come out of Econfina veer right run to 10-15 feet depending on tide height. Fish sloooow Trout fisher,fish sloooow. Good luck.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Thank you jumptrout, thank you! :lol: I'll be headed to the right and out deep. I like that deeper water anyhow. Did you catch any sharks?

tf
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Only caught about 15 to 18 sharks,all 3 feet or less in length. Mostly on pinfish some on grubs and Mirrolures.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Hey TF going left is like a vacuum for me too...We limited out and had to release alot of fish over 21 about two years ago..now I can't help myself....I must go left...I think I must join GLA (Going Left Anonymous) :D We have always gone right, since I was old enough to go out…I think it might be a case of the Hickory Mound Triangle… :lol:
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Yeah jumptrout, that's why I've decided to lay off the pinfish tactic for a while. I've been tipping my jig/grub with fatback. Works pretty good and is TOUGH! Rock bass and pinfish have their work cut out for 'em if they're gonna tear it off.

Chalk, let me know when the first meeting is. :lol: Maybe I'll see you down there(on the right side).

tf