St Marks sandbar

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

willfish
Site Sponsor

St Marks sandbar

Post by willfish »

I don’t post often, but thought this was worthy of discussion. I took my family out to the St. Marks sand bar on the fourth of July for a short outing. I’ve been boating and swimming at the sand bar for over forty years and never, with all the boats around and children swimming have I seen someone playing with a spear gun before. I don’t know if they are a member of this forum, but that was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. He was actually cocking the bands with a spear loaded in the gun, when I made a comment to him. His response, “I not going to hurt anyone, I’m just playing around with the gun.”
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks sandbar

Post by Gulf Coast »

Yeah, that's not cool....really stupid, at least you said something to them :thumbup: :thumbup:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

You should have pulled out a Glock, pulled the slide back, and said,"I'm not going to hurt anyone, I'm just playing with the gun!"
Yours in the South
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

DixieReb wrote:You should have pulled out a Glock, pulled the slide back, and said,"I'm not going to hurt anyone, I'm just playing with the gun!"
That would be a good example to show him he was doing wrong, but pulling a gun with no intent to use it might be just as bad.
turtlecat
Site Sponsor

Post by turtlecat »

Pulling a gun is never the right answer! Give us more details on what he was doing w it. Was he a teenager that was clueless and being stupid w it, or was he a grown experienced spearfisher like myself that just pulled it out for a brief second to show someone in a very safe manner how to cock it. And by no means do i think it was the best place for a demo.
TurtleCat
Skinny Running

Post by Skinny Running »

DixieReb wrote:You should have pulled out a Glock, pulled the slide back, and said,"I'm not going to hurt anyone, I'm just playing with the gun!"
That would likely have ended up with the person pulling out the firearm out going to jail and probably facing having to defend an assault with a deadly weapon charge.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Skinny Running wrote:
That would likely have ended up with the person pulling out the firearm out going to jail and probably facing having to defend an assault with a deadly weapon charge.
I don't see it that way...I don't believe you can get an assault charge for showing off a gun....now if you were to point it at people and make threats, that's a different story.