Cape San Blas

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mister Mullet

Cape San Blas

Post by Mister Mullet »

Any suggestions on where to fish from shore at Cape San Blas? What to use? Tips and tricks?
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Re: Cape San Blas

Post by Cranfield »

I have fished there a few times when visiting, mostly at the west end just about anywhere.
Close in for whiting , snot cats and I have caught one flounder, but seen many others caught.
Bait used was shrimp and gulps.
I once saw a lad fighting a large shark for quite a while, until it snapped him off, the swirls it made were quite something.

I have also watched people fishing successfully from the rocks at the narrow bit, soon after you get on the Cape (not sure what its called).
We fished the bay side of the cape from the jetty at the place we rented and I caught some smaller trout and reds.

Hopefully someone more qualified will appear and give you some quality advice. :wink:
SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Re: Cape San Blas

Post by SCALAWAG »

If you are wanting to focus just on the cape and don't mind wading. inside the state park there is a small boat landing in the picnick area it is a good access spot and you can fish toward the end of the cape for trout and reds. also the area where the rocks are (the stump hole) is good for beach fishing and across the road from that is a kayak launch and you can wade from there in the bay. Another good spot is at the indian pass boat landing you can park there and fish from landing toward the open ocean.
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115