fishbites

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pops
Site Sponsor

fishbites

Post by pops »

Has anyone tried a bait made by fishbites?
I tried it out yesterday and had real good results. We caught several good rock bass using it. :D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I have been using FishBites for going on a year now and I feel lost if I go without them! I haven't purchased any live bait since I started using it "no need to" and most of my friends and family have switched from live bait to FishBites. When you consider that a single pinfish or crab can eat or destroy a dozen or more shrimp, the cost is actually less than live bait. I fish mainly inshore and have caught more "and larger" Trout since I started using FishBites than ever before. Redfish, Mackerel, Blues and Cobia have been caught off my boat using jigs tipped with it. Every time that a nonbeliever fishes with me, I fish with FishBites and they start out without, they soon find that I can easily out fish them "using the same jigs" but tipping them with FishBites:D And one of the best thing about it, is that you can keep it right in your pocket and not worry about it going bad!
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

Thanks for the reply.
Having just tried it for the first time this past weekend, it works.
which product do you prefer>
I ordered some of the sheets to cut to size.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I use the sheets now also for the same reason, I like to cut it to fit the fish that I am targetting:D The strips work real well also and I have found that the Crab flavor works best for the Reds and Shrimp for the Trout.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

That was what i ordered, shrimp and crab scent.
We have mostly been fishing the Econfina area, but have been thinking about trying the Lanark area.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Saint Marks, Shell Point and Mashes Sands have been producing some really nice fish also. Fish the flats early and late, and deeper as it heats up :) I am somewere inbetween these areas most weekends, give me a holler on 16 and maybe we can meet up sometime :D I answer to Sopchoppy Redneck.
d-tox
Site Sponsor

Post by d-tox »

I hate to sound dumb, but what the heck is a FishBites? How do you use them and where do you get them? :roll:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

DT

Go check out http://www.fishbites.com

:lick:
duckbill
Site Sponsor

fishbites

Post by duckbill »

We heard about fishbites from a fishery biologist who swore by it. After reading these posts, we are trying it on flats in the fall. :P
Some people fish all their lives before they realize it's not the fish they are after...Thoreau
viper10248

fishbites what?

Post by viper10248 »

Where can you get this fishbites? I've never heard of them.
would they be good to use at st. Marks or bald pt.
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Ordered on Monday, got it on Wednesday can't wait to try it.
Wevans, your advice has always been right on.