Drone experts

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Drone experts

Post by Gulf Coast »

Any you guys drone experts ? I am thinking bout getting one....to spy !!! :-D I know nothing about them so anything is new to me.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Drone experts

Post by silverking »

Can provide some cool footage and a different perspective. But many tournaments are now banning them for an unfair advantage. They're also dangerous as hell. Had an experienced operator slice the ends of his fingers off this summer in Destin. A couple years ago, an irresponsible jockey crashed one in a crowd in Biloxi. The blades nearly took the eye of a young woman and she ultimately required 30 stitches and plastic surgery.

I am not a fan.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

silverking wrote:Can provide some cool footage and a different perspective. But many tournaments are now banning them for an unfair advantage. They're also dangerous as hell. Had an experienced operator slice the ends of his fingers off this summer in Destin. A couple years ago, an irresponsible jockey crashed one in a crowd in Biloxi. The blades nearly took the eye of a young woman and she ultimately required 30 stitches and plastic surgery.

I am not a fan.
Same here. Remember the guy a couple years ago in Carolina I think, that shot one down after some folks were flying one over his back yard.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Its not so much about fishing, It's a personal thang.....the whole sky thing was a joke...I just want to film myself and put on the interweb....lol
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

joke....but what;s the skinny '\?
bbb

Drone experts

Post by bbb »

If you are looking for a good one, I've seen several Phantom 3's used on Craigslist/Facebook. Around $400. That is what I would start with. Batteries are about $100 each and last 15-20 minutes. You will need 3 batteries to really enjoy it.

It will do a lot of the flying by itself and has a good camera system.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Personally I'd say to stay away from dji stuff, I'm not a fan of their autopilot. If you want to go cheap get a quantum, it has an open source autopilot. It has the same body as a phantom but a new one can be had for around $300, cheaper on black Friday. Or if you want to go even cheaper you can build your own for less. Im building a clone of the dji fire wheel for around $250 with 4 batteries.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THEY MAKE GOOD TARGETS FOR SHARPENING UP YOUR SHOOTING SKILLS.
PA.
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:THEY MAKE GOOD TARGETS FOR SHARPENING UP YOUR SHOOTING SKILLS.
PA.
SEMPER FI
:smt005 Tell em' Paw! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
fishing coach
Site Sponsor

Post by fishing coach »

Or if you want to go even cheaper you can build your own for less. Im building a clone of the dji fire wheel for around $250 with 4 batteries.
Where do you find a clone kit from?
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

The fire wheel kit came from amazon, it has everything but an autopilot, a radio, and a battery. I'll look up what it was actually called.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

This is the kit https://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Quadc ... B00RYYLPA4 . it does require some soldering but not a terrible amount.