Morrison Springs 11-07-2004

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Morrison Springs 11-07-2004

Post by Tom Keels »

No spearing, but fun dives all the same.

I got to help in the SLAM Rescue Diver class and the man known as Aucilla was there as well. I had fun playing hide, while the class got to play go seek. :-D I don't think they were quite ready for that scenario and I went easy on them.

Second dive was in the cavern with the class, got to 88 feet, but decided to hang back with my dive buddy who was new to the cavern.

Next dive was 93 feet, managed to get a little narced in the cavern but It quickly subsided and I enjoyed the dive with Jon and Wil until the stroke divers came in and ruined the vis.

Fun day and 3 more dives under my belt. My 6 mil wetsuit also kept me toasty warm in the 66 degree water.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Chalk

Post by Chalk »

You have to include the rest of the story.....I can see it..swim, swim...oooooh sheeet :o ...too funny :smt043
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

I hate thinking about that 66 degree water...
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

That Morrison Springs is one beautiful place, and Sunday was a beutiful day.

Tom reported how "easy" he went on us students though:
I had fun playing hide, while the class got to play go seek. I don't think they were quite ready for that scenario and I went easy on them.
Well lemme tell ya, Tom, or at least his buddy, ought to get an Oscar, and I don't mean the big fish kind [that too maybe]. Leave it to me to volunteer to go with his buddy to find the "missing" diver, and not realize that I was being snookered! Thankfully, Tom really did go easy on me when I helped turn his limp body over, at the bottom, half-way into to the cavern, to "assess" him: The peaceful, relaxed look in his eyes gave it away as a training excercise, just as I bet the mid-rescue look in mine let him know I had been fooled!

After that climax to our training, I was grateful to join Tom, Jon and Wil on a little explore to see the water gushing out of the ground way down under! It was cool! Wasn't skeert. These guys know what they are doing and stick by the book when it is called for!
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

The funny part was one of the other groups of divers who didn't know about the "exercise" freaking out when they saw me laying motionless on the bottom (although the bubbles on my exhale should have been a clue) and trying to rescue me before Jon and Aucilla could get to me.
:-D
From the other SLAM checkouts that I have been witness to, Dan went really easy on you guys.
Tom Keels
Site Founder