St. Marks Sunday Nov 7th

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Speardivertampa

St. Marks Sunday Nov 7th

Post by Speardivertampa »

Had the pleasure of joining Dwayne(dwilliams), his wife, and his friend. Dwayne and I were the only ones diving. The weather couldn't have been better, with maybe 1' seas. It was Dwayne's first time spearing, and he got some nice hogs, sheepies, and flounder. We made 4 dives on different wrecks/artificials, and got about 10 hogs, 13gags to 10lbs, and afew mango's, AJ's, and a flounder and trigger. By Dwaynes last dive, he was bringing up full hogfish/sheepshead hoops. I'm sure he'll be shooting up the gags as well by the end of next trip. Vis was about 30', and I was fine in the water w/out a wetsuit but I was pretty cold when the wind hit me as we ran from spot to spot. It was an awesome day on the water. Thanks again for the invite dwayne..and post some pictures if you can.
-Chris
H & L Outfitters
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Nice trip.... :thumbup:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

That'll work right there. Next time you and D need a third, let me know.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

They had LiveLine, but he was skerd :-D :smt043
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Just curious, is the remains of the old Confederate gunboat in the run, still visible- and do you still have to pick your way through the timbers to get to the mouth of the cavern?
I did my first deep water dive (90 feet) at Morrison in 1961. Most of the springs and sinks of the area had little diving activity back then.
I left Thomasville a little after that to do my military time. Never got back over there.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I assume this was to go in the other thread. The answer is no on both accounts.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

What a great trip! It sounds fantastic to this guy: a great array of catch with good vis. Oh to get a hog fish! And a sheephead AND a flattie! Tha's what I want to start with! Way cool!
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Now I know why the fishing reports have been skinny :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Yeah, guess I did mix up the threads, sorry. And, I won't bother y'all with any further questions.
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

As I think about it, Troy Spring is where I had in mind. It's been a lifetime ago.
Thanks anyway.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

qoutrage wrote:Yeah, guess I did mix up the threads, sorry. And, I won't bother y'all with any further questions.
You aren't bothering me. Did I do something to offend?
Tom Keels
Site Founder

qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Nah..Tom, you didn't- You would have to talk bad about my Mama or kick a dog to offend me.
I was just trying to sociable, and 'thought you were kinda short with your answer- 'til I realized, you were probably being courteous, by not calling me down on my erroneous questions.
I just had my wires crossed. I know there ain't no dern timbers/logs in Morrison, or stinking gunboat there. That's Troy or use to be. And, I could have swore, we did 90 ft there, but maybe it was Morrison or one of the others. It's been a long time (40 some odd years), since I was in either one of them.
I would really like to get back into diving, but it has become a little too expensive for my blood-- Maybe in another life..
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

You'll learn that Tom aint exactly long winded on MOST of his repies :o :smt043