SHOUTOUT!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

One Keeper

SHOUTOUT!

Post by One Keeper »

Just wanna say congratulations to all that fished the tournament this past weekend. Man those were some great stringers with 3 or 4 over 14lbs. Don't ever remember any weights like that in the past. A great testament to the fish, fisherman and women. Seems like everywhere down that way is holding fish right now. Go get em while you can cause their bound to slow down with the approaching warm weather. We weighed in 13.40 and wasn't even a threat. Still a very fun way to spend a Saturday. Thanks NFGFC. :smt006
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: SHOUTOUT!

Post by silverking »

Those are some impressive stringers.

Any chance of someone posting the official results for those who don't use Big Brother FB?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

silverking wrote:Those are some impressive stringers.

Any chance of someone posting the official results for those who don't use Big Brother FB?
As soon as I get them from Jimmy I’ll post them sometime this week. We were in Auburn for a soccer tourney so Jimmy took over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Rainey had the big red. Asa Martin took first; guessing he put the old xpress on auto-pilot....Matt and I had 2nd and the big trout (14.5 and 5.77). Good to see everyone! Liked the format.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

It was my first time with a motor on my canoe. Swamped it five minutes from the launch. Congrats on killing me with this new frigging format, but I won't quit the NFGFC until I place again or drown (probably the latter).
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

That's funny Gary.

So wade fishing is against the rules now? Did they call it the "Droze Wins Too Often" rule. lol
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Where do I begin, Rocky?...

No more wadefishing
No more double prize money for big redfish
No more launching from kayak-friendly sites
No more St Marks Refuge starting points

My wife told me to take the club's evolving rule changes as a compliment. She's mistaken; I know the changes had nothing to do with me, but I am looking forward to the bay skiff my dad is gifting me next year.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Gary.....I feel your pain. But you are a good sport about it, and I respect that. :thumbup:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Good job guys :beer: See you all in Carrabelle :thumbup: BTW looks like the new format is a hit everybody I've talked to loves it,,,good turn outs and good pay outs and the Big Trout in a Trout tournament finally means something....Great call :thumbup: :thumbup:
NFGFC

SHOUTOUT!

Post by NFGFC »

GaryDroze wrote:Where do I begin, Rocky?...

No more wadefishing
No more double prize money for big redfish
No more launching from kayak-friendly sites
No more St Marks Refuge starting points

My wife told me to take the club's evolving rule changes as a compliment. She's mistaken; I know the changes had nothing to do with me, but I am looking forward to the bay skiff my dad is gifting me next year.
Definitely nothing against you Gary, being a trout tournament we just didn’t see why the biggest redfish always took home the most money in a trout tourney and when you come in 1st place overall you should get the most money not the person who brings in the biggest redfish.

It’s a little more competitive this way instead of people only worrying about going out and looking for the biggest red they’re out there looking for trout too with both now being good payouts.
You’re a great angler I’m sure it won’t be long until we see you at the top again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

No hard feelings...NFGFC prompted me to finally take my $1500 fancypants lithium battery motor out of the box, after 4 years. Now I just hafta remember which way to turn the throttle to keep from sinking!