I realy hate to Post this?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

homboyfsu

I realy hate to Post this?

Post by homboyfsu »

I am going down to a local repair and service shop in Tallahassee to see if I can get my money back. I had the water pump rebuild in Jan of this year. I have been repairing my home for the last 9 months from Micheal. I just now had time to get back on the water. I ran water through my motor and it would not pee. I took it back to the same place I had it repaired in January. They fixed the pump which was supposed to have been fixed in January and charge me again for the same repairs. The reason I am posting this I want other fishermen to be aware of who repairing your boat and don't take it for granted that they did what they said they did. I will repost Monday after I talk to the owner of this business. I will also bring someone with me went I talk to him.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: I realy hate to Post this?

Post by Juan »

Good luck. It happens way too often, That's why if it's something I can do, I'll do it myself vs taking it to a shop. Might take me a little longer to do but at least that way, I know it's been done and done right.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

Juan, I had the same problem with my house but I did not have the time because me and my wife were displaced. I did a lot of repairs on my house after I saw what the experts were doing.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

You may have already done this, but check the pee hose for mud dobbers. If your boat sat a long time outside, there is a chance they tried to build a next in there and plugged it up.

You should be able to pull the hose loose from the inside of the cowling and run some wire or weedeater string through both the plastic piece on the cowling and the rubber hose going to the motor. Crank it with the hose disconnected and see if it pushes water.

Let is know what you find and good luck.

- Steve Stinson
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

Here is the outcome. I got my money back parts only. Went you get your boat fixed and have someone that sees what you are doing went you get it back from being repaired(it's he said you said). Video it on your phone. Had I not brought someone with me they were sticking by their story. As Steve said about do the minor work yourself unless it is really complicated. Make sure the repair company gives you a 1-year part and labor or at less 6 months.
wskybiz

Post by wskybiz »

At least they covered parts.. So, what shop was it?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I let a local Carrabelle shop do some work on my boat back in the summer. When I went out, I had a wiring issue that caused my chartploder to cut in or out. I took it elsewhere to get repaired.

I also did a lot of my own repairs after Michael. The costs seemed to be somewhat inflated although the guys who did the work, other than the concrete man, did good work.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

The repair place didn't mind telling me that their labor rate was $165.00 hour. How many people make that kind of money. Also, they gave me back the full amount that I had to get it fixed. As the rest of the guys mentioned above do the less complicated work yourself. If you got a boatload of money or you are not mechanical inclined take it to these people to get your oil change or a water pump repair.