St Marks River

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

woodstock52
Site Sponsor

St Marks River

Post by woodstock52 »

I was able to get off work before 1 pm Thursday 10/31, so I fished in the upper St Marks for two hours in the heavy wind looking for bass.
Was not really expecting a lot of action, but always love being on the water.
2nd cast produced a 3lbs fish. Then picked up 8 more of small to medium ones. Then on my last cast & my 10th fish (I was 100 feet from my place) I pulled in a 4 1/4lbs fish. He was released in front of my dock.
All were released to fight another day.
Great day, home in time to go watch the Lighthouse Light turn on.
fishfalcon

Re: St Marks River

Post by fishfalcon »

Well done!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Sweet. What were you throwing? I keep thinking about doing that or pulling the skiff to Lake Iamonia or similar when the conditions at the coast won't let me get out.

That's very cool they've restored the beacon at the Lighthouse. Long time coming, but worth the wait.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Nice.

This is why I need a small skiff.

Is the light only at dark, or will it run 24/7?
All photos copyright @saverymill
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

They are taking public comments on the lighting schedule.

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/St-Mar ... 01291.html
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nicely done! We used to bas fish the upper St. Marks in winter, Dad liked to throw a small gold rapala and did real good on it. Got a buddy that catches them there on plastic worms.
Yours in the South
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Nice report
silverking wrote:I keep thinking about doing that or pulling the skiff to Lake Iamonia or similar when the conditions at the coast won't let me get out.
Make sure you stop by and say hello if you're up there :beer:
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Will do, but it probably won't be until after duck season. I don't want to get in Bman's way. :lol:
woodstock52
Site Sponsor

Post by woodstock52 »

I toss a Baby Bush Hog. I love working the Upper area, mostly because it gets a lot less traffic due to the rock piles. Most of the time it's just me & nature. I counted 3 Manatee's, Blue Heron, 2 Ibis, 2 egret's, plus 1 Limpkin, & no People.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

By upper St Marks do you mean simply upriver from Newport? Or do you mean the upper St Marks that I’ve (vaguely) posted about before?
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice to hear they biting good, Been wanting to take my boy up that way to get some bass fishing ( he loves bass fishing more than anything) does the tides affect the bite much , incoming or outgoing better ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodstock52
Site Sponsor

Post by woodstock52 »

I have a place on Old Magnolia Rd. So I am mostly fishing between he upper rockpiles & the Rise (power lines) Tide does have some effect, but its minor.
I am a firm believer in the moto; The Best Time To Fish, Is When You Can.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Nice...going all the way up is on my list of things to do