#BoomCoast

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rainman
Site Sponsor

#BoomCoast

Post by Rainman »

#BoomCoast is what the fellas and I have started calling our stretch on coastline from steinhatchee to st joe. We have been boom sticking some great fish lately.

I wanted to thank Gulf Coast for the shrimp giveaway last week. We put those 100 quality shrimp to work. Took my fiance Vicky fishing on Friday and Saturday of last week. Friday we got out later in the day and shrimp were sold out everywhere. We picked up a few frozen bags just in case. Up the St. Mark's has been slow so far. We tried a few spots using jigs and I got a nice 24 overslot. While the river has not produced many fish the few I have been getting have been quality 23 24 inch trout. Been averaging 1 a trip for a few weeks now with a banner 5 overslot day mixed in. Most all on trout eye jig heads with assorted zman plastics. We left the river in and rode east past the lighthouse after the tide came in enough. We hit the fan fan favorite Stoney and it was crowded. We pulled up short from my spot to let another guy fish that was already there. Of course first cast and I BOOOOM an overslot trout. Then another great slot fish. Talked to the guy briefly as he had got on the trolling motor to come watch us BOOOOM Stick. Vicky joined in with two keeper trout on a jig. Water moved in enough and we continued
east. Rode on plane all the way to my creek spot and it was on. BOOOOMED two keeper trout on jigs and then went to shrimp. We had constant action with small reds, sheepshead, black drum, a few keeper trout and two keeper reds. Rode back at sunset to rest for Saturday.

On Saturday we got to Gulf Coast Lumber around 9 and were happy to pick up our free 100 live shrimp. They were fantastic. Good size and lively. With the low tide we tried a few spots on the oyster bars by the lighthouse and east river. Maaaaaan 2000 fisherman and I didnt see any rods bending or people yelling BOOOOM! So we decided to move up river to see if any big trout were around. Nothing doing up the St Mark's. Rode all the way to 98 bridge. By this time the tide had come up enough for us to ride east. We got on plane past the fort and kept it below 25 mph and just slow cruised the shoreline into Stoney and hit the Bomber Bay cut to points east and beyond. As soon as we touched down the shrimp came out. It was about 345 to 4 by this time and we knew we only had an hour, maybe hour and a half to fish. Vicky and I deployed our shrimp and it was on. Fish after fish. Every shrimp was either a hit or a hook up. We started laying the BOOOOMS down having a great time. We caught a lot of small reds, sheeps, and drum. Several keeper reds, keeper trout, and overslot trout. Out of shrimp and light we left em biting. Rode back to the fort and called it a weekend.

Here are some photos, in no order. And a few are recent but not Friday or Saturday. And the overslots go back unless they got hook then that cat puts em in grease!
Attachments
20191028_172934.jpg
20191106_162848.jpg
20191117_134941.jpg
20191125_172819.jpg
20191127_153912.jpg
20191127_173828.jpg
20191129_152310.jpg
20191129_180300.jpg
20191130_132006.jpg
20191130_171532.jpg
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: #BoomCoast

Post by Salty Gator »

Outstanding report man, thanks a bunch. Some pigs for sure. I didn’t know that cut had a name, Bomber bay cut?? I learned something today
Last edited by Salty Gator on December 4th, 2019, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

BOOOOOMM!! Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great weekend. Those were big fish for sure! :wink:
Yours in the South
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

You need to stay out of Bomber Bay.... :smt005
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Nice! How shallow does your boat draft to be in the creeks?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Nice. Thanks for the report.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good report with some quality fish.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

talk about Good Times! We've been absolutely wearing it out right now! Big Reds, Big Trout, Big Blackies, Big Sheepies.

We've even gotten in some large mouths lately!

This wasn't as recent, but in the last two weeks we even had another SURPRISE visitor in the boat !
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

#BoomCoast

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

Strong report! Thanks

woop
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

A few Winters ago I paddled into a creek near Hickory Mound in my kayak and found a whole school of tarpon slightly larger than the one in your photo. I was surprised to find them down there in the cold. I know there are some that stay in the St. Marks River year-round. :thumbup:

- Steve Stinson
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Great report.
The Back Porch
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

awesome!