St Mark's, Jan 26

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

St Mark's, Jan 26

Post by Srbenda »

Hit the water today at dead low tide, and headed downriver. Spent some time catching LOTS of small sand trout, with a few speckleds mixed in.

Worked our way downriver and found some more sand trout, and ended up with 4 in the box.

The bite was still relatively slow, and live shrimp worked best, but we did get a few on paddle tails and jerkbaits.

The rain finally chased us off the water around 330, but it was a decent day!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
fishTheBend

Re: St Mark's, Jan 26

Post by fishTheBend »

Got into a bunch of 12-14, with smalls mixed in off a bar on the edge of the channel down the St. Mark's yesterday
on copper penny paddle tails. Aggressive bites. Largest was a shade under 16" and unfortunately had to
keep it because it swallowed the hook damn good.

Also saw some dolphins working in the river.

Hit some of the banks working towards the east river at high, but nothing was around.

Better than sitting at home.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I wondered if the fish were still in there. I caught a few Thursday right below the fort, 2 were keepers. Caught one good one upriver but not much else after that. Not gathered up like 2 weeks ago.
Yours in the South
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the report. Need some consistent weather patterns for the fish to settle into a routine.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat