Mashes sands boat ramp

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Screenman

Mashes sands boat ramp

Post by Screenman »

Hey does anyone know if I could launch my 26’ boat with 2’8” draft at mashes sands? Didn’t know if it would be too shallow on low tide.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FishWithChris

Re: Mashes sands boat ramp

Post by FishWithChris »

Screenman wrote:Hey does anyone know if I could launch my 26’ boat with 2’8” draft at mashes sands? Didn’t know if it would be too shallow on low tide.
oh man, I wouldn't. Scoot on around the corner to Rock Landing in Panacea and launch there; or back up to St Marks Fort. big boat.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Screenman

Post by Screenman »

Ok thanks. Ive never been to rock landing I might have to check that out.. St Marks is just always so crowded even on the weekdays now.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

That tide is super low this weekend. The channel out of panacea gets pretty shallow in a couple of places. Especially with a north wind. I can’t remember the markers but it’s out a ways, closer to bottoms road landing than rock landing. 2 and a half fet of draft will be close. Deepest are st marks and carabelle. Go get em
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Screenman wrote:Ok thanks. Ive never been to rock landing I might have to check that out.. St Marks is just always so crowded even on the weekdays now.

Rock landing ramp will put you in the channel directly, can still be sketchy if you don’t know the area, so don’t get cute and try to cut any corners and you will be fine.

Bottoms ramp puts you on a shallow grass flat as soon as you leave the ramp.

StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Screenman wrote:Hey does anyone know if I could launch my 26’ boat with 2’8” draft at mashes sands? Didn’t know if it would be too shallow on low tide.
Thanks!
I can barely get in and out of Mashes Sands some days in my 20ft, so definitely wouldn't risk it on lower tides in a 26.
Screenman

Post by Screenman »

Great info thanks guys!