Last Post On This Site

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Re: Last Post On This Site

Post by big bend gyrene »

southern-gent wrote:
onefishtwofish wrote:CS:
This site will be diminished without you contributing.
Larry
That's a little much now isn't it?
See Barry's already taken care of clean-up business but for CSMarine's sake want to say this -- CS Marine had shared around 2,500 posts over an 18 year period, and a few rather unique and interesting stories from a challenging boyhood growing up along the Big Bend coast shared years ago instantly come to mind.

That said, it's not about hating on or hazing new members, and I bet Barry would confirm he loves seeing newcomers eager to share on the forum. Think we all enjoy seeing fresh reports come in, and heck, with the forum having been around 18 years that's long enough some GREAT forum members aren't even around any longer to share posts - Rhettley, Rocket, Sir Reel all being relatively recent sad losses, and with Rhettley and Rocket leaving us way too soon.

No - again, not about how long anyone has been on the forum but has and should be about making this forum a place where folks mostly get along talking about a shared passion for fishing (and occasionally hunting thanks to Bman :thumbup: :beer:), and even when we disagree can do so civilly instead of taking on the modern keyboard warrior approach.

Been a while since the last one was held, but some of my favorite memories coming out of this forum were from group cookouts the forum sponsored to get members together down at the coast. My first trip to one of the events happened shortly after I joined the forum and it was a real eye-opener that the forum was about MUCH more than just jabbing each other back and forth from a distance like happens on so many other forums.

So here's my take -- act like you would in person if meeting the person face to face the first time. I've had my own disagreements with a member or two followed-up by in-person meetings where I found out they were fine folk. Just didn't see exactly eye to eye on one or two relatively trivial issues in the scheme of things that didn't warrant online testosterone-level challenges.

CSMarine indeed will be missed.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

big bend gyrene wrote:
southern-gent wrote:
onefishtwofish wrote:CS:
This site will be diminished without you contributing.
Larry
That's a little much now isn't it?
So here's my take -- act like you would in person if meeting the person face to face the first time. I've had my own disagreements with a member or two followed-up by in-person meetings where I found out they were fine folk. Just didn't see exactly eye to eye on one or two relatively trivial issues in the scheme of things that didn't warrant online testosterone-level challenges.

CSMarine indeed will be missed.
I can't stress enough how many members i've bumped into on the water or introduced myself after recognizing their boat. The big bend isn't as big as the name might suggest and the likelihood of you running into someone from this forum is high.

Act accordingly.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

BBG, you are right about the socials we used to have. They were a great way for everybody to get together, and I miss them, too. :(
Yours in the South
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Ditto on missing the socials! Great times for sure! I for one think they really enhanced communication among members! I haven't followed the site much since getting out of my coastal fishing interests (regretfully) but must say I always enjoyed CSMarine's posts and stories. Methinks the new moderators will do a great job!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I've met a handful of forum members at the tournaments I attended in the past and haven't met one I didn't like. Regretfully I haven't met CSMarine but his presence and posts are truly missed. I know it's his decision but has anyone called him to ask him to reconsider or sent him an email? billy.hillhouse@gmail.com salute3
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
4reels

Post by 4reels »

I sent CSMarine a private message when he first left, but I don’t think it was received. Curious to find out who the man behind the username was, I looked him him up at:

https://marines.togetherweserved.com/us ... &ID=284958

I encourage everyone to read it. Heck of a story and sounds like a heck of a guy. I don’t know him personally, and I’m probably one of the least experienced guys on this forum . . . which is why I’m here & why I respect the ideas of those more wise than me. I love to hunt, fish, and spend time with my family. I enjoy learning more about fishing (and hunting) from this forum.

So, thank you CSMarine for your service to our country and your contributions to this forum.

It certainly would makes things a lot more amicable if we had face-to-face meetings from time to time. I’ll be at St. Marks tomorrow in a sea foam Robalo 246 with a hard T-Top. If anyone sees me, feel free to stop & chat. I can usually tell you where the fish aren’t . . . LOL

[THUMBS UP SIGN]
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

CSMarines story is amazing. If you haven't read it take the time. If your lurking CS come on back. We all support the same thing here. I especially like your fishing partner's interest in the sport. I lost mine a few years ago and boy do I miss her. If the boat was floating she was on it. Looking forward to your continued contributions, hopefully salute2
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Yup, the place got a little off kilter, myself included, but it's a loss to all of us when we lose a knowledgeable old school member like CSMarine. I hope he decides to come back.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished