St. Marks 4/28/2020

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

2true

St. Marks 4/28/2020

Post by 2true »

Got on the water about 7:40 am and put the plug in the wrong hole. (Admit it, we have all done it) I gave me a sinking feeling for sure.

Got out and there was a good bit of boats out for a Monday Morning. (With good social distancing)

Found the trout in about 3-4 ft of water. Gulps on the bottom and under a float was the ticket. Light chop and 48 degrees. It warmed up nice. Manged to get some fish and it was a good day on the water. Back at the ramp at noon.

Went fishing with a buddy that owns a food truck. Man he cooked up some great tasting Flounder and Trout!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 4/28/2020

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. I’ve never put a plug in a boat with more than one hole. How many do you have? And what does the other hole go to?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Nice work out there! I've def put the plug into the wrong hole before... my livewell drain is about 3" from main drain. suuuuuuuper thankful I have a shallow draft and a great bilge pump.. had to reach under and switch holes with a quickness. You only do it once though! (I think)

Big fan of that flounder! How are you going to cook it?
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

It happens, “complacency kills” is what they used to beat in our heads. Just hard to recognize when it’s happening.

Those groceries will make for a fine meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice bag of fish. Glad you were able to pull the boat back out quickly to avoid disaster. Yes, we've all done that or a similar bonehead move. If you haven't, you're due. :lol:

Pretty sure we leapfrogged each other in the channel yesterday (Tuesday) on the way back north. I felt "the need for speed" so opened the Mercury up after getting out of the chop zone.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
2true

Post by 2true »

@ Salty Gator there is a livewell hole right next to the drain hole.
2true

Post by 2true »

silverking wrote:Nice bag of fish. Glad you were able to pull the boat back out quickly to avoid disaster. Yes, we've all done that or a similar bonehead move. If you haven't, you're due. :lol:

Pretty sure we leapfrogged each other in the channel yesterday (Tuesday) on the way back north. I felt "the need for speed" so opened the Mercury up after getting out of the chop zone.

Yep that was me. You have a nice boat.
2true

Post by 2true »

FishWithChris wrote:Nice work out there! I've def put the plug into the wrong hole before... my livewell drain is about 3" from main drain. suuuuuuuper thankful I have a shallow draft and a great bilge pump.. had to reach under and switch holes with a quickness. You only do it once though! (I think)

Big fan of that flounder! How are you going to cook it?
The cook fried and baked it. Twas AMAZING! (Should have taken a pic) :smt009
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

2true wrote:@ Salty Gator there is a livewell hole right next to the drain hole.
Thanks for the heads up. This may help save me from a similar post in the future. What food truck does your buddy run? I’m a big fan of the food truck gatherings in Tallahassee. Especially when it’s not blazing hot
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks. Nice bay rig yourself.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
2true

Post by 2true »

Salty Gator wrote:
2true wrote:@ Salty Gator there is a livewell hole right next to the drain hole.
Thanks for the heads up. This may help save me from a similar post in the future. What food truck does your buddy run? I’m a big fan of the food truck gatherings in Tallahassee. Especially when it’s not blazing hot

https://www.facebook.com/TheFunkaliciousTruck/