St. Marks May 11 highly successful!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ted in Tallahassee

St. Marks May 11 highly successful!

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

My latest Smooth Puffer/Rabbitfish feeding expedition was highly successful once again. They enjoyed several packs full of interesting colors of Gulp shrimp, and they thoroughly enjoyed ripping apart about a dozen fresh live pinfish especially prepared and presented for them. As an aperitif they enjoyed sampling exquisitely prepared red and green-painted styrofoam.

A 15 knot north wind creating waves and spray that left me completely soaked as I traveled from place to place feeding the rabbitfish of those areas was no bother whatsoever. I knew what I was doing out there is important.

The only bad parts of yesterday's feeding mission was when a small trout dared to sample one of the Rabbitfish's Gulps, and later an 18" flounder had the audacity to eat an entire Gulp shrimp--for that, he was immediately imprisoned and suffocated and will be eaten.
Just a Guest

Re: St. Marks May 11 highly successful!

Post by Just a Guest »

Great post and fun read! Sounds like all of my recent trips.
FishWithChris

Re: St. Marks May 11 highly successful!

Post by FishWithChris »

Ted in Tallahassee wrote: The only bad parts of yesterday's feeding mission was when a small trout dared to sample one of the Rabbitfish's Gulps, and later an 18" flounder had the audacity to eat an entire Gulp shrimp--for that, he was immediately imprisoned and suffocated and will be eaten.
THE DISRESPECT THAT FLOUNDER AND TROUT HAD!!! WOW! :smt011 :smt011

Cheers on the great work on the SPs, however. One of our guys here is in some sort of Post-Grad/Doctoral research around marine biology and I'm sure this information will truly help him with his dissertation defense. I'm expecting the news outlets to at least pick up the change in feeding behavior around the styrofoam.

:smt005 Quality report.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image