2008 Carolina Skiff JV17 SOLD

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

2008 Carolina Skiff JV17 SOLD

Post by Juan »

2008 Carolina Skiff JV-17 Sportsman Edition, (Tan / Beige color) Center Console, Honda BF50 Four Stoke
Stainless steel prop, Skeg Guard and spare cowling. Recently served with new plugs, water pump, thermostat, fuel water separator and synthetic oil in both engine and lower unit.
19 gal fuel tank
Runs perfectly and starts at the touch of the key after the first start.

Minn Kota Riptide variable speed 55 lb thrust 12V trolling motor with battery maximizer and tiller extension.
Tilt and trim switches at the motor, center console and at the bow.
Humminbird Helix 5 GPS with Navionics card on the bow
Lowrance Elite 9 Ti GPS with All in One transducer , sIde scan, down imagining and Navionics card on center console
Camouflage folding and lock down seats, 6 camouflage rod holder on center console, 3 stainless in deck rod holders, 6 screw in type rod holders on top of gunnels and strap in rod holders on inside of gunnels.
Fiberglass stick anchor and mounts.
Bimini top, cup holders. Automatic live well aerator / timer, Digital voltage display w' 2 USB ports, Hour meter, Portable VHF radio & mount.
Galvanized trailer has like new tires, LED tail and side lighting, lighted PVC guide rails and spare tire with cover.

This is the Sportsman Edition CS. It runs perfectly, (aprox 35 mph at WOT), sips fuel, drafts only inches and everything works as it should. It does have the usual scratches but nothing that affects performance or appearance.
Asking $8,900. as listed or $8,400 without the Lowrance Elite 9 Ti
20190929_092501.jpg
20190929_092401.jpg
Better and more recent pictures upon request
(334) 798-9599
rickwendy341@gmail.com
Last edited by Juan on June 29th, 2020, 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Mckayaker

Re: 2008 Carolina Skiff JV17

Post by Mckayaker »

Did you buy the 1720 Key West? If so welcome to Key West ownership. I have a 2001 2020 dual console. Compromise family boat as it isn’t the best fishing boat with not being able to work around the console but is a fabulous boat to load up a crew for scallop season. Had to check the NADA on it yesterday for financial disclosure form and the book value is only $400 less than what I paid for it in 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Mckayaker wrote:Did you buy the 1720 Key West? If so welcome to Key West ownership.
No, but I plan to buy one. Just need to sell this one first to keep the wifey happy. :-D
Charlie P
Site Sponsor

Post by Charlie P »

Nice rig Juan!

My 2008 JVX18 BF75 has served my family well the last 12 years. GLWS
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I won't say I told you so, but... :wink:

GLWS. Nice package. Shouldn't last long.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

silverking wrote:I won't say I told you so, but... :wink:

GLWS. Nice package. Shouldn't last long.
You know what they say about listening to your "elders" :hammer:
Someone needs to buy it quick before I change my mind and keep it.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:lol:

That KW 1720 is apparently sold by the way. Didn't last long, even at an inflated asking price. The coastal waters are going to be crowded for the foreseeable future or there's going to be a glut of used boats on the market by next spring.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

silverking wrote::lol:

That KW 1720 is apparently sold by the way. Didn't last long, even at an inflated asking price.
I noticed that. Looking at an 02 that's $2K cheaper but it probably won't last long either.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

There's one on BoatTrader for $4895...in Andover, Kansas. Guess they have a lot of tailin' reds in all those wheat fields. :lol: Could have it shipped?

I'll keep my ears open for others a little closer to you.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

silverking wrote:There's one on BoatTrader for $4895...in Andover, Kansas. Guess they have a lot of tailin' reds in all those wheat fields. :lol: Could have it shipped?

I'll keep my ears open for others a little closer to you.
There are way more center consoles than you'd expect from springfield up to Kansas City and across into Kansas than you'd expect. I found a smoking deal on an older 21ft mako at the Kansas City Cabela's. You might be surprised by the shipping cost as well, I had a cotton picker hauled to Missouri for $1800.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: 2008 Carolina Skiff JV17 SOLD

Post by Juan »

SOLD. Embarrassing sale but sold none the less. The boat hadn't been in saltwater since I've owned it so I've never used the muffs to flush or run the motor. Hooked the muffs up for the first time during the sale and apparently they weren't sealed well enough (or I didn't have them on right) and burnt up a new water pump. :oops: Embarrassing since I take pride in keeping my boats in top notch condition! Buyer still wanted the boat so we agreed on a slightly lower price and she's gone. :smt006

Now the hunt for a KW 1720 Sportsman gets serious. :-D
Red Beard

Re: 2008 Carolina Skiff JV17 SOLD

Post by Red Beard »

Congratulations on the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk