Scalloping Econfina 8/25/02

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Scalloping Econfina 8/25/02

Post by rx fisher »

Left St. Marks 8am to go scalloping at the Econfina, found a spot about
3 miles SE of the river. Myself and 11 yo son and a friend with his two
sons 11 and 8, got our limit in about 1 1/2 hours. Great day, water was warm and clear. This was the second time out, first this year, last year we got chased away by a storm about 15 minutes in to diving. This year my son really got an oppurtunity to enjoy the diving, we will be back.

Sometime around 1:30 the wind died and man it got hot :oops: , tried to troll back while cleaning the scallops, but too much weed. Finally about 2 miles from St. Marks the wind picked up again and we drifted. Kids caught alot of small sharks and a few catfish, they had a blast. I'm looking forward to the fall bite.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Glad to hear ya'll had a good day at the Econfina! I'm like you in that I'm ready for cooler temps and a good bite to come back. Will be down there from Fri. morning until Monday evening. Hope to get in on some good fishing. Will scallop once or twice. I've got a brother coming from Atlanta who has never done it before and wants to get initiated. Think I'll let him do most of the work. :) Thanks again for the report.

tf