Fifteen Keepers @ Econfina

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Fifteen Keepers @ Econfina

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Me,my brother and friend Steve(Basshole)Brawner left Econfina at 7 o'clock Sunday morning. Calm winds ,actually no winds. Lot's of trout interested in topwater ,boated several with one 19 inch keeper got a couple more 17-18" keepers on that spot. Moved a ways, mixed topwater and grubs,one 23" redfish,one 24" trout,one 27" trout,five 17-19" trout. Moved a ways,used grubs only, caught five more keepers 16-18".By catches were the usual rock bass,sharks,sailcats etc. Lots of tarpon moving and swirling.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Good deal Steve. Tin Can and I went out of Shell Point and over to Big Pass in search of a red. Found plenty of mullet with fish crashing them but only managed a short trout and a 4 pound Jack. We moved out a little deeper and caught 30 fish with only one keeper.

Are you guys planning on fishing the full moon this week? I think I want to try it Wednesday at the Aucilla or Econfina. These afternoon storms may tell the tale though.

Anyone interested in a late trip Wednesday?
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

sounds like the trout bite is starting to tur back on.......can't wait till it cools offa bit more......
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Thanks for that inspirational report Jumptrout. I'm glad to hear the bite is coming back. I wish I could take you up on that Tom. Too much goin' on this week. Dang I'm ready for some cold weather!

tf
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

After the 15 keepers had to find out more information. So, 4 of us went back yesterday,Wednesday.Result 24 keepers to 23".Lots' on top water in 10 feet.
Leerr

Post by Leerr »

Hello fellas!

Good report!;)

Sounds like some nice specks too!;)
Tight Lines and Screamin Drags...