Keaton Area - 8-10

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

PerryFisherMan
Site Sponsor

Keaton Area - 8-10

Post by PerryFisherMan »

Went out today with my son. We fished Top Dogs exclusively. I caught one short trout real quick (the only short of the day), and then my son caught a 17" trout. I next had a redfish take my Top Dog, it almost spooled me - but I got it within 20 feet of my boat and then it got off.

We caught several more trout - all about 17 inches. I hung another red-fish, and it took drag until I thought I had it turned around, but all I ended up with was a large ball of grass. Two strikes on the reds.

Finally, I hung a red that was hooked well - it was 23 inches. I later caught another "twin" - so we ended up with two reds - and 4 trout. The Top Dogs we used were the green back/white belly, and dark back/red belly. We fished around low tide and stayed in ~3 feet of water.

Tom, just a small 'bone to pick" - why isn't this site dedicated to fishing from "Keaton to Apalachicola" instead of "Econfina to Apalachicola". I'm not trying to get more people to fish in Taylor County, but quite a few reports come from this area (Fenholloway, Keaton, Steinhatchee, etc.). I'm through whining. Tom, thanks for the great job you do on this website.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Basically if you read my "About This Site" statement, this site is for areas that I fish. I haven't ever fished in Keaton so I have absolutely no knowledge of it. I hope to have some soon though. I think we are planning to have an NFGFC Tournament down there next year.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Leerr

Post by Leerr »

Greta report!

Reds on TW must be fun, Never have got one on the TW;)

Again good report!;)
Tight Lines and Screamin Drags...