Anyone yaking yet?

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

badweatherbiker

Anyone yaking yet?

Post by badweatherbiker »

I despise cold weather so I haven't been but I am getting my gear cleaned up and ready to do some paddlefishing this year! Who all is looking forward to it and where are you going?
Ken
OneTripletail

Re: Anyone yaking yet?

Post by OneTripletail »

Going Saturday to St. Marks. I will be pulling my kayak down the deep levee to one of the many creeks. Hopefully the reds will be hungry!!!!
cotton

Post by cotton »

Fish every weekend year round
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

cotton wrote: February 24th, 2021, 7:51 pm Fish every weekend year round
No easier time to hammer fish from a kayak than winter!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
badweatherbiker

I said I was going to do some winter fishing but I have been so tied up with projects, daughters wedding, building a shop, etc... I haven't been able to get my paddles wet at all since summer. I am going to be camping at Reed Bingham park in a couple weeks and that will be the first time this year I have put my yacks in the water, going to do a little fishing there and then slowly getting the gear ready for salt water. I'll be mostly around the Hagens cove, Adams beach, Yates creek area so if anyone wants to meet up I am available during the weekdays early morning.
deer30084

Post by deer30084 »

Bought a used Hobie Revolution 13 a few months ago. Haven't used it yet, but plan to. Only places I 'm familiar with to put in is the Lighthouse and Wakulla beach. Going out in a boat tomorrow with my wife.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

deer30084 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 8:32 pm Only places I 'm familiar with to put in is the Lighthouse and Wakulla beach. Going out in a boat tomorrow with my wife.
Check out Bottoms Rd or Bald Point.
PhishingNole

Post by PhishingNole »

ropeman wrote:
deer30084 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 8:32 pm Only places I 'm familiar with to put in is the Lighthouse and Wakulla beach. Going out in a boat tomorrow with my wife.
At Bald Point in the warmer months is it worth getting into the creeks or are you just working the oyster bars?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ropeman

Post by ropeman »

PhishingNole wrote: March 11th, 2021, 4:24 pm
ropeman wrote:
At Bald Point in the warmer months is it worth getting into the creeks or are you just working the oyster bars?
If you were asking me I don't kayak fish, but I know there are some spots around those areas that are accessible from a yak most of the time. I have fished the oyster bars around Bald Pt and been somewhat successful from a boat.
badweatherbiker

I am headed to Hagens Cove Tues (6-1) to do a little fishing and paddling if anyone wants to join