Need a fishing buddy!!!!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

anollmann

Need a fishing buddy!!!!

Post by anollmann »

Hello out there. My name is Alex and I live in Tallahassee. I work by day and study by night.

I have a little problem. My garage is currently full of fishing tackle that was used extensevly when I lived in the Tampa area but is now collecting dust. There has to be a law against that right?

I am looking for someone to be my fishing buddy and show me around a bit. I have been down to Marshes Sands beach a few times with the dog, but that about limits my experience with the area. I am more than willing to pay for gas, bait, lunch, beer, whatever if someone is interested.

Also looking for a hunting buddy too :)

Anyone out there?

Thanks!!!
Alex Nollmann
Tallahassee, FL
Waterdog

Post by Waterdog »

Welcome,
Might want to try and go to a meeting with this group and try and hitch a ride. Great group of people.
http://www.nfgfc.org/

They meet the 3rd thursday of every month... usually Beef O'Brady's on Thomasville Road.
============
Waterdog
RBitters

Re: Need a fishing buddy!!!!

Post by RBitters »

Hi, my name is Bob. Just moved to Tallahassee 2 months ago. Looking for surf fishing buddy Alligator point area. Been there several times caught several different types of fish looking at trying blue crabs as well.
RBitters

Post by RBitters »

Went to the nfgfc.org address not available. What am I doing wrong? Is there someone in TallahasseeI I could talk with and or get info on meeting? Thanks
Bob Bitters
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

RBitters wrote: July 13th, 2021, 3:19 pm Went to the nfgfc.org address not available. What am I doing wrong? Is there someone in TallahasseeI I could talk with and or get info on meeting? Thanks
Bob Bitters
That link is close to 20 years old and I don't think it's still a valid link. Try posting in the NFGFC section: viewforum.php?f=28
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
RBitters

Post by RBitters »

Hi Alex this is Bob. We just recently moved to Tallahassee and do primarily surf fishing mostly Alligator point area and Bald point state park. retired and fishing to keep busy and functioning mentally and physically. learning about blue crab fishing. cast net throwing and catching little crabs for bait, etc.
Make my own attractants for the fun of it. If you like we can talk and see if some part of fishing together may be beneficial for the both of us. Soon, Bob
Retired Chiropractor, plus. Hunted a lot, not now. Ducks, geese, pheasants, turkey's etc.
Fished in team bass tournaments plus salt water off coast of California and fresh water for years. And a lot more.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

RBitters wrote: July 13th, 2021, 3:19 pm Went to the nfgfc.org address not available. What am I doing wrong? Is there someone in TallahasseeI I could talk with and or get info on meeting? Thanks
Bob Bitters
Go to the nfgfc Facebook page and you'll see info there
Leoparddog

Post by Leoparddog »

I need a fishing buddy too and just moved to Tallahassee but my problem is the other way. I have a Sportsman 212 boat with a Minn Kota but very little fishing gear. I've got some rods and reels on order that should be here next week or so but I need someone to help handle the rods while I'm on the wheel and vice versa.

Or maybe more accurately, I need someone to show me how to saltwater fish around here. I got the boat if you got the gear.