Ochlokonee fishin 1127-04

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Ochlokonee fishin 1127-04

Post by wevans »

Fished Lilly Creek and the mouths of a couple feeder creeks :-D Put in at the break of dawn and pulled back out at 8:30 :o had my limit and had throwed back a half dozen :thumbup: Been putting up Christmas stuff all day otherwise :beer: :beer:

PS: water temp is down to 58 in the river :smt119
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Should of went for the "Redneck" slam....Bass, trout and a grouper... :lol: :thumbup:
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Limit of what? :D
Sea Ya !
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I would of loved ta hade the weather for a slam Chalk :-D

That be a limit of Bass there Sea Fox :wink:
Billy Miller

Post by Billy Miller »

Is there a chart or map showing names and location of various creeks in that area? Looks like a good place to fish if weather on flats is not cooperating.
Thanks,
Billy
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

No maps that I am aware of Billy, though there are some decent arials of the area :-D As TC can probably tell ya, we have spent years learning the area and still learn something new every time we go with a new partner :o It really just takes a devotion of time and getting with different fishers to learn the area and the many ways of fishing it :beer: :beer: Exploring has been my biggest teacher :wink: :thumbup:
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Billy, Wevans is correct. The best way to learn the area is to spend time on the water. I read your post referring to kayak fishing. Wevans gave you good advice. Putting in by the swimming area will put you in Dead River. You can usually find a place to be at least partially sheltered from the wind in Dead River. And, there's fish in there. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?