Trout fishing in Carrabelle FL

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pbranchj@gmail.com

Trout fishing in Carrabelle FL

Post by pbranchj@gmail.com »

My wife and I heading to Carrabelle this weekend and staying on the river. We are taking our boat and want to catch some trout, any advise on locations, depths, grass/not grass, bait, best times, etc...

Thanks for any advice.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Trout fishing in Carrabelle FL

Post by Steve Stinson »

I sent an email to you if your user name and email are the same. If not send a message to Steve@SStinsonCorp.com

Thanks - Steve Stinson
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Hopefully you got in touch with Steve. He will steer you in the right direction.

I would not set my expectations too high for this weekend. It's the full moon, not the best tide, the first weekend of Red Snapper mania, and way way too hot for comfortable all-day fishing. Try fishing East of the mouth of the river over in front of Lanark. Early would be best. Look for grass beds and clear water 3 to 5' deep.

Honestly, Cbelle will be an absolute zoo this weekend. 25' center consoles will be blasting off at 15-second intervals. The stores and restaurants will be packed.

But....it will definitely be a WAY more fun weekend than sitting around the house in the 100-degree heat. :smt004 :smt004 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
pbranchj@gmail.com

Post by pbranchj@gmail.com »

Thanks! I will let you know how we do. I am hoping to catch enough to eat before the heat get's too bad.
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

Where to get live bait in Carrabelle? Shrimp. The bait boat will be in the river with pins.
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

Geno67 wrote: June 17th, 2022, 7:57 am Where to get live bait in Carrabelle? Shrimp. The bait boat will be in the river with pins.
The Lanark Village Mart usually has them, if the shrimp boats have been out.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Steve Stinson wrote: June 15th, 2022, 12:06 pm I sent an email to you if your user name and email are the same. If not send a message to Steve@SStinsonCorp.com

Thanks - Steve Stinson
I sent you PM here and it’s still in the outbox. I think you want to check it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

pbranchj@gmail.com wrote: June 16th, 2022, 3:29 pmI am hoping to catch enough to eat before the heat get's too bad.
Too late :(