Keaton 6/17/22

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton 6/17/22

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Took Friday off to spend the day fishing/scalloping with my beautiful bride. We knew we needed to get there early so we headed out the canal just as the sun was breaking the horizon. Image
We headed north to fish first. Had fished for a while when what had to be a large Spanish took my pinfish. He took a lot lone before running to the boat. Then 180d again and popped the line. My wife caught a trout then this nice red. Image
We fished a while longer and only added a few seabass to the box. At 10 we decided to run south to one of our scallop spots and get to swimming. My beautiful mermaid loves to swim. She found 5 right by the boat so I joined her in the water. It did not take long to get our half limit. Here she is holding both our scallop bags. Image
We did not get to go last year. Sure was fun getting to go today. Here is the box for the day. Image
We cleaned our pint of scallops on the boat so we wouldn’t have to do it when we got home. Decided to run towards the landing and fish a bit longer. Image
While we were fishing a spotty bottom area I noticed what looked like an old Aquasport boat heading our way. Hmmm. Nope that was the Man coming to check us. The lady officer was very professional and nice. Check all our stuff and fish box and we headed in. She did warn us about out of date flares. Oops. Better check your flares. But the day with my beautiful wife could not have been any better. Can’t wait till next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Hit-n-Miss on June 18th, 2022, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomtrpr_z71

Re: Keaton 6/17/22

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Great times!

My wife and I were reminiscing today about the last time we went scalloping on the opening weekend at steinhatchee. I'm going to have to pull the trigger and find a boat so she gets a good scallop trip in 22.

We went to st marks on memorial day and get checked by the fwc as soon as we stopped on the st marks reef and checked by the federal fish and game officer at the lighthouse ramp. At least the fwc officer didn't make me throw back a keeper trout this time like last year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Great times!

My wife and I were reminiscing today about the last time we went scalloping on the opening weekend at steinhatchee. I'm going to have to pull the trigger and find a boat so she gets a good scallop trip in 22.

We went to st marks on memorial day and get checked by the fwc as soon as we stopped on the st marks reef and checked by the federal fish and game officer at the lighthouse ramp. At least the fwc officer didn't make me throw back a keeper trout this time like last year.

You should go. My wife and I really enjoy it. But now we avoid Saturday’s early in the season. My wife is the best. I had to work Saturday and she got outside and washed the boat while I was working. Man I love Image that woman.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Water temp was 84 and fish caught 7-9’. Note to self KGLOTD

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:

You should go. My wife and I really enjoy it. But now we avoid Saturday’s early in the season. My wife is the best. I had to work Saturday and she got outside and washed the boat while I was working. Man I love Image that woman.

Oh we'll go, it'll be after 4th though so the limits are up and the crowd is slightly smaller. Honestly my wife enjoys scalloping more than I do but that's because I end up having to carry the boat to get a limit ImageImageImage.

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice report, can’t wait to get back out fishing and scalloping this year. Didn’t go last year and now my big boat is at Mikes marine for the trim quit working Memorial Day weekend

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

Oh we'll go, it'll be after 4th though so the limits are up and the crowd is slightly smaller. Honestly my wife enjoys scalloping more than I do but that's because I end up having to carry the boat to get a limit ImageImageImage.

Lol

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

kenfly wrote:Nice report, can’t wait to get back out fishing and scalloping this year. Didn’t go last year and now my big boat is at Mikes marine for the trim quit working Memorial Day weekend

Dang stinks the boats in the shop. But it looks like a good year. They’ll be waiting when you get the boat back.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report Greg, looks like a fun day
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Salty Gator wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 3:23 pm Thanks for the report Greg, looks like a fun day
It was, ready to go again. :-D