Pond Boat Wanted

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Pond Boat Wanted

Post by Steve Stinson »

I am looking for an old pond boat to keep at the shore in my back yard. It does not have to be able to handle anything bigger than a trolling motor and I don't need a trailer. This boat will be used on-site only once it gets here. I would prefer a fiberglass boat over aluminum as they are quieter and the bass in my pond have gotten pretty educated after years of pressure from myself and my son.

If it has no leaks and has the ability to mount a couple of seats that would be good.

Anybody who has an old boat they are willing to part with please contact me.

Thank you.
Steve Stinson
eight five 0 five 0 nine three one one six
bbb

Re: Pond Boat Wanted

Post by bbb »

I have a 2 man, 10' Pelican Bass Hunter you can "have" for $250.

I bought this boat with water logged foam. I split the boat and replaced the foam with the 2" pink foam board from HD. I put it back together with 5200. I could not get the black rub rail back on right, so I just left it off. Comes with 2 swivel seats.

The boat has a couple repairs made with 5200, but it won't sink. I've used it about a dozen times since the repairs. It not mint, but will load up in the back of a pickup truck and catch fish.

Just looking to get back the cost of the foam and 5200.

Dale
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Dale -
I looked for a picture of a Pelican Bass Hunter on line and only found pics for "Pelican Bass Raider". Is that the same thing?

I told a guy in Bainbridge I would come look at his boat. Let me check that one out and I will get back with you.

thank you for your reply.
- Steve Stinson
bbb

Post by bbb »

Yeah its a Bass Raider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Mims

Post by Dale Mims »

I have a 14' fiberglass Jon boat with or without trolling motor. PM me & I can send you pictu
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Dale -

I sent you a couple PM's but I am not sure they are getting through. Email Steve@SStinsonCorp.com if you didn't get them.

Thanks - Steve
bbb

Post by bbb »

Email sent. I don’t see any Pms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sam03v

Post by sam03v »

I have a 12' jon boat I'll let go. It's got lots of patches, but doesn't leak, $300 or $350 with oars. Also have a new min kota and deep cell battery for another $200. I tried posting a picture but no luck...
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I appreciate all the replies to this post. I was able to make a deal with BBB on this thread and pick up a small fiberglass jon boat. It''s down at the pond now and has already produced some nice bass and specks. :thumbup:

Meanwhile I am scrounging around my barns and sheds to see what I can find to add to it. So far I have purchased a trolling motor battery, fixed the trolling motor speed switch, and found a bilge pump to install.

I also found a real old Humminbird depth finder in my boat shed along with the transducer cable, but I haven't come up with the power cable yet.

Thank you Dale and the rest of you for the help.
- Steve Stinson