Late Post St. marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

OneTripletail

Late Post St. marks

Post by OneTripletail »

I know late but got out this past Sat in my kayak from the Lighthouse. No water at all maybe 4 inches in the canal. Headed east to some creeks and caught a few reds and trout. Biggest red was a fat 6.24 lbs. 25.5 incher. Kept two smaller trout for fish tacos.

John
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Late Post St. marks

Post by fishinfool »

Those negative tides kept me on the hill this weekend, much to my disappointment. Glad you got out and were able to get some dinner. :thumbup:
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

fishinfool wrote: November 29th, 2022, 8:31 am Those negative tides kept me on the hill this weekend, much to my disappointment. Glad you got out and were able to get some dinner. :thumbup:
Why don't you guys just launch at Shields/Fort?
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

With the severe negative tides and stiff winds this past weekend, it would have been difficult to get where I wanted to fish without scraping something on the bottom. Had I fished in "deeper" water, it would have been uncomfortable.
I had a couple of projects around the house that needed to be addressed, so I was not completely unhappy. By the way, this weekend is looking good. I am planning on loading the boat. :D