Triple Tail in the Bay

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Triple Tail in the Bay

Post by Greenbone »

Started to seek a different species . Jose ,Ross and hit the water at 8am, calm wind and seas , water clarity cloudy. We searched all the crab buoys and markers and guess we got lucky.
B365F238-E7DC-439F-9B8D-F40EF1E99BE5.jpeg
BE8BE92E-C0E3-4175-9E0E-885852C1C28A.jpeg
52AE8B1A-8AA7-4D17-98E0-0D516C00F39B.jpeg
Attachments
799D77E7-358C-42C7-8342-829249217B62.jpeg
kenfly

Re: Triple Tail in the Bay

Post by kenfly »

Awesome!! Have yet to catch one for have never targeted them either. What kind of depth do you find them, guessing being around crab traps 4-5 feet maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RobFishing

Post by RobFishing »

Nice catch!
GA
Jighead

Post by Jighead »

salute3 Congratulations!
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

Congratulations. Nice haul.
Saltydawg

Post by Saltydawg »

Awesome, great day! We headed for St. George Island 6/3 for a week and will definitely try the buoys as I’ve never caught a triple tail. We ate some filets ( hate to admit I bought) last summer and they were delicious.
AZ2FL

Post by AZ2FL »

Nice score!
Once you find TT, they are rather easy to catch.

cheers
AZ2FL

Post by AZ2FL »

Saltydawg wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 7:49 am Awesome, great day! We headed for St. George Island 6/3 for a week and will definitely try the buoys as I’ve never caught a triple tail. We ate some filets ( hate to admit I bought) last summer and they were delicious.
Are you staying on the island? If so maybe, I'll run into you at Paddy's or the Tiki.

I've seen TT for sale at Millender's & Sons in Carrabelle, though I've never bought it.

Cheers
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Kenfly, all were 6-9’ and yes they are usually not too skittish and will eat . AZ2FL , I live on Timber Island in Carrabelle, but I’ll meet you most anywhere for beer.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Greenbone wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 8:46 amStarted to seek a different species ...
I have never targeted Triple Tail, but a friend and I noticed some around a crab trap buoy last year and put 4 of them in the boat. They were all too short so they got to get back in the water to grow a little more. I've always wondered about anchoring out a pallet to create a shady spot for them to lurk.
AZ2FL

Post by AZ2FL »

Greenbone wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 4:41 pm AZ2FL , I live on Timber Island in Carrabelle, but I’ll meet you most anywhere for beer.
Yea I'd like to meet up for a beer sometime. I live on the island about 18 miles SW of you. We moved up here 18 months ago.
For 14 years I fished out of Horseshoe, Shired Island, Suwannee, Cedar Key and Yankee Town.

Cheers
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

They can be shallower. We caught a pig that was anchored up on some driftwood that had caught the bottom. Maybe 3-4 feet. As we eased by I saw him and casted back to him. He slammed the bait.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Saltydawg

Post by Saltydawg »

We headed to St. George next Saturday for week for family vacation but taking bay boat for some trout n redfishing in the bay. I’d love to try n hook up w a triple tail but no experience w that. Know to check crab trap buoy etc but understand that parts of bay behind the island has spots that get super skinny in spots at low tides. We have decent electronics but are there any particular areas anyone might recommend? We normally put in at the state park ramp so will mostly be on that side of bridge.