Aucilla trip

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FTReelty

Aucilla trip

Post by FTReelty »

Went Sunday morning with my 18 year old son who is soon to be off to College...He drives the boat and does all the hard stuff. Im along for support. we started at 7:00 and the only boat at the ramp. Hit a hole in 6 feet, no luck. Moved to 7-8 feet and started catching shorts and the first keeper in boat at 8;30. caught one more keeper and decided to go out to 10-11 feet to a spot we had not fished in several years. Caught 4 good ones right off the bat. Kept one at 19 inches, threw back couple 20 inchers and by 9:45 had 5 keepers in the boat. Saw no other boats-no scallopers to be seen. Large boat headed our way and it was FWC. Very nice, checked and measured every fish, complete saftey check and all was ok. By this time tide had slacked and no breeze and no bite...we putted around trying to get some breeze, tried a few spots and at about 12:30 went back to deep hole and the wind and tide picked up.. Caught 5 more and a flounder and back at dock by 2;00. Water temp was hot. Bait of choice was z-man beer run and electric chicken...Think I fished the same bait all day . They are tough! Got back to landing and one bream fisherman there. Frying em up tonight!
cleanlivin

Re: Aucilla trip

Post by cleanlivin »

That's a solid day of fishing
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Solid day. Hope you got your Safety Sticker for the check from FWC; Keeps them honest once you have it.

Sounds like a fish fry is a great way to round off a trio. Thanks for sharing.
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Yep got the sticker. Glad my ruler measured the same as their ruler.....
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

Nice trip. We found a few trout over the weekend but mostly found sharks and sailcats. Water was hot!
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

FTReelty wrote:Yep got the sticker. Glad my ruler measured the same as their ruler.....
Nothing like getting told a trout is short and they don't even have a ruler to measure with

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

What did the bream fisherman have? I was looking for mullet at the Rise and bream fishing with a lure just to make a day out of it after there were no mullet and I pulled out a big Shellcracker which I had never done on a lure unless you count the time I caught one on a spinner.
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

They were using a lure called a Satilla Spinner and were trolling with it just above the landing somewhere. A guy and his 2 kids. had a bucket full! I think he owned a bait store in Perry?
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Wow that’s interesting trolling out there but I guess it worked
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Great report, yall did real good! I had heard the fish are out deep now, we used to catch them at Aucilla in 12-13 ft. in the hot summertime. :wink:
Yours in the South
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

That’s a perfect day on the water, fish were deeper than I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk