Lake Seminole 12-01-04

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Lake Seminole 12-01-04

Post by Sawbones »

Finally got free after lunch, headed to Chattahoochee, FL. Plan was to put in below the dam to look for hybrids/stripers. Well the river was up about 12' due to the gates being open from all the rain. The road to where the ramp should be was completely under water with the dock about 40 yards from the new shoreline. Having never put in there before I decided to wait until another day. I now have a link to check on the water levels ahead of time: http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/acfframe.htm

With daylight burning, headed back up to Jack's, got a couple dozen minows, and gave the bayboat it's first freshwater trial. Hadn't put in there in a couple of years, the place sure has changed. Went to the stump holes and found the old spots I used to know like the back of my hand were all different now. Water was quite dirty, nothing at the stumps or near the springs. Finally picked up a few specks on the channel ledges. They sure are pretty fish, seems like they ought to fight harder than they do. Loaded up the boat for the 15 min drive home. Water temp 58, 15 kt N wind early. Learned that a bay boat is overkill for the lake, but it does keep you warm and dry. :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sounds like a fun, yet interesting trip :-D :thumbup: :beer:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Bones, Seminole is a neat place. Every kind of water you could ask for.

The Bay Boat may be overkill, but I bet it sure was comfortable fishin.

I have to guess from your post, you went to Spring Creek.
What was I supposed to do today?
Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

TC, they've been doing pretty well over at Spring Creek with the water being a little clearer there. I just hit the stumps and ledges just south of Jack's.