Astor

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Astor

Post by tin can »

Seven of us left Tally at 0600 Friday morning, and were on the water, in Astor, by 1130.

I caught 1 fish Friday. I didn't catch a fish Saturday. Left Sunday morning and was home by 1100.

Friday was pleasant. Clear skies and low seventies. I did find some fish, but they went by the wayside Saturday.

Saturday morning was FOGGY! Couldn't get to my fish. When the fog lifted I went to where I had found fish, and found 34 boats. It looked olt time trout fishin on the Aucilla. So much for that. It stayed cloudy all day Saturday, with temps in the mid 60's, and a WSW wind at 15 to 20.

When I went outside at 0545 Sunday Morning there was a NW wind at 20 to 25. It was 45 degrees, and that was the predicted high for the day. I've been on Lake George with a 25 mph wind, and had no desire to do it again. So, I came home.

What fish that were caught were caught at either Silver Glenn Springs, or Salt Springs. The fish are bedding, and I'm not a bed fisherman. I have strong feelongs about taking bass off the beds.
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

It's tough ta end a long trip early, but ya did the right thing :thumbup: Seems that the weather don't like us North Florida folks down that a way :smt014 You'll tear em up next time :thumbup: yer due for a great outing :o :-D :beer: :beer:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:thumbup:
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

TC....any comments on the reported massive fish kill on the St Johns that was caused by the 4 hurricaines last September? I heard the rumor....from several places.....but don't really know. Astor was suppose to be included.
Did anyone mention it while there.?
:o
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

There was no mention af a fish kill. This is the first I've heard of it.
What was I supposed to do today?