Leash It or Lose It

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalach
Site Sponsor

Leash It or Lose It

Post by Apalach »

There are two basic materials for gear leashes that I have found to work well: old coiled cell phone charger cords (including even110V coiled appliance cords) and good old nylon parachute-type cord.

1. Let's start with the coiled cell phone charger cords. I use these mainly as my rod leashes. Any type of old (or new) coiled, cell phone charger cord works great for these and reduces the clutter on deck considerably. Occasionally you might find a place that has new cords on sale for a couple of bucks (as my local Wal-Mart did recently), and you might be able to score some this way.

2. The next thing you need are some ferrules or sleeves (name depends on manufacturer) that can be crimped to form a loop in each end. The best for this purpose are the 1/8â€
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Super Ideas -

Looks as though you could patent some of those leashes and make a fortune form the Kayak accessories business. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Nice article and presentation, Apalach. And, the subject matter is good, too.
I usually tie a few items to the boat with parachute cord. The aluminum hook is a good idea. 'Guess, I'll pick up a half dozen, when I go to W/M again.
Thanks for another great post.