Gel Batteries

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RichardP

Gel Batteries

Post by RichardP »

Is anyone using AGM gel batteries for their trolling motors? If so, do they do a good job?

Thanks.
Scout 177
GeorgeP
Site Sponsor

Post by GeorgeP »

First, AGM batteries are not Gel Batteries. The AGM stands for Absorbed Glass Mat.

Second, they are the only trolling motor batteries on my boat. Had a Grp 31 on my last boat and actually trolled for Crappie two days (that is about 18 hours) on a single charge. Just got my new boat with a MinnKota Riptide AP and there are two group 24 Bass Pro Shop AGM batteries for it. I know they are a little more expensive, but IMHO they are worth it. Oh they get considerably more deep recharges than any other type. :D :D :D
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

I use gel cell batteries I have the starting gel in the 24 group and the 27 group for the trolling motor...........I am on my secand gel for the trolling motor I got 10 years out of the first one......the starting gel is over 5 years old and still like new......realy like them they charge back 100% and hold the charge way longer than led batteries..........
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels