Family fun at Ecofina!! 4/9/05

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Family fun at Ecofina!! 4/9/05

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Took my wife and four year old son fishing saturday to ecofina. A friend of mine and his son tagged along in his boat( He usually fishes St, marks). I hoped to show my family a good time, ended up having a great one instead. :-D Stopped a JR's for shrimp at 7:30, he said everyone was catching them in 6 to 8' of water so off we went. Man the landing was packed. Got on the water and ran right over one of my spots to get to six feet of water and started fishing. Put on some shrimp to start, my beautifull wife in the front and my boy and I in the back. Right away he caught his first fish ever, the look on his face was priceless. We took a quick picture and continued fishing. After a little while my boy caught a keeper, annother picture momment, and my wife caught several shorts. My buddy motered up and said they weren't catching any so we headed towards Aucilla. I got worried on the way because it was a little choppy that they would want to go home, but she said it was fine. I love that woman. :-D Once we stopped the water laid down and the catching was on. :thumbup: I mean once my boy got the hang of his pole we had triple hook-ups. My wife took me to school, she out fished me 2-1 with a grub under a cajun thunder. We caught between 150 and 200 trout!!! :-D :thumbup: :-D Of those probably 20 of them were 14.75" long :smt013 We wound up at that spot we ran over, should have started there, beacause the fish were in 4 to 5' of water. The water was stained everywhere we went and the temp was 68 to 72. They liked electric chicken and pinfish. We wound up with 2 nice spanish, several blues and 6 keeper trout. But I wouldn't have cared if we brought any home because my wife and son had a blast. :thumbup:
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

Now that's a good day! :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

very nice. :thumbup:
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Great show and nice family outing, HNM. No hit and miss on that trip.
Thanks for the report. :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :beer: Man, it doesn't get any better than that. :-D
Yours in the South
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

We'll have to hook up. I had almost the exact same day with the girlfriend Saturday. I also live in the big city of Boston, GA.............great trip.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

no missin' that day! congratulations... SUPERIOR
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby whereabouts in Boston? I live between boston and tville, B address and T phone # strange huh. :-D Also did anyone find an orange oval CT with a cheap baitcaster attached to it? :smt013
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

I live on old hwy 84 going into boston, 1st house on left after you turn of hwy 84 onto old 84. you see the back of my house from hwy. 84.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

:thumbup: :-D
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D I know right where you are Welby. What kind of boat you fish out of? I got a K16 Sundance with a 25 Nissan on it. I fish all day on 6 gal, unless I run to Spring Warrior. :-D
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

I've got a 17' Keywest w/ 55HP Suzuki....It works well for me.