Econfina 10/26/02

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Econfina 10/26/02

Post by trout fisher »

Hit the foggy flats a little after daybreak with fishin' buddy Michael and seatrout99. Went beyond the tripod and caught up our pinfish and then headed out past rack #2. Threw a white with pink tail and bounced it off the bottom. Michael fished the same only tipped with cut up pins. ST99 used the cajun and grubs. We all were boating keeper rock bass and some occasional trout.....shorts. Decided to go out deep just to say we did. No wind and smooth water! At 16 1/2 miles we shut her down in some 25 ft. water and chunked cut bait and live pins on bottom. Dadgum short rock bass!! Had enough and headed back to the racks. High tide and we came in to 4 ft. and fished topwater, chugbug and spooks, as well as the cajuns with grubs(lectric chicken, candy corn, and assorted Gotcha grubs). Boated more rocky's and some keeper trout. Got into some nice Sp. Macks on topwater. Went to just beyond the tripod and fished the cajuns until almost dark. Could have stayed and caught I don't know how many trout right there. Had to retreat because of faulty lights. Ended up the day with 47 keeper fish. Mostly rock bass, 9 trout, and 2 spanish. ST99 kept a good shark. I hope everybody had as good a time as we did.

trout fisher
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

Brother, you pretty much said it all. Had a great time hanging out with you guys. The spanish were awesome last night with new potatoes and brocolli.

ST99
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

TF
Went out of Encofina Sunday with my wife, caught our limit in trout and 2 rock bass, had a blast. :lol:
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Glad to hear it pops. Hope to see you down there soon.
waitin

Post by waitin »

We had similar luck on Friday and Sat. Easy trout limit on friday, lots of rocks on Sat. Fished mainly between the racks in the 3-5 foot area. Best luck on trout with live pins, bass would take most anything :D !
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

waitin,
What do you fish out of? I'll look for ya next time.
waitin

Post by waitin »

TF, I'm from the Atlanta area so we don't get down there to often, but I have an 18' South Seas CC. I'll holler the next time we're coming that way. Good fishing to you!