Kayak Fishing Group

Tell me what you think. Do you like the site? Don't like it? Want more stuff? This is your opportunity to make the site work for you.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Kayak Fishing Group

Post by mjsigns »

Hey Tom-

Do you think it would be a good idea to start a group/section on the board for Kayak Fishing? The description could be something like," All things having to do with Kayaks accessories and fishing techniques" You know, something similar to the "Diving & Spear fishing" group. There seems to be a growing interest in the kayak genera, and it would serve them well to have a place to call home. They seem to be setting up home here anyway, you might as well provide them a suitable forum area.

Just a friendly suggestion...

MJ
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Kayak Fishing Forum

Post by Apalach »

I just opened the Site Feedback Forum to ask about a kayak fishing group and saw that MJ had already made the same suggestion. I post quite a bit on another forum on this topic, but most of the folks there are located along the N.E. Atlantic Coast, or the East Coast of Central Florida, or the Tampa Bay area. Tampa, Pensacola, and the JAX area have one or more Web sites for yakfishers, but nada for the Big Bend.

For example, I have been looking for a local fishing partner, but it is hard to make contact with other yakfishers in this area since there is no single place to do this. There was even a Kayak Fishing Tournament last year for the Big Bend organized by the Wilderness Way shop. A local yak forum would be a great place for sharing info on rigging kayaks for fishing, different types of kayaks suitable for fishing, local places to put in, good fishing areas within easy paddling distance, types of rods, reels, and lures suitable for yak use (e.g., size does make a difference when yakfishing!), etc. I would be glad to help with this, should you need someone. Here is a pic of my ride.
Thanks,
Dick
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Done!
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Dick,
That is one splendid ride you got there!
:thumbup:
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Kayak Fishing

Post by Apalach »

Tom,
Thanks for the new Forum--I plan to be an active participant.

Aucilla,
Thanks, and thanks also for the headsup that the Forum was up and running--got me motivated to pull a post together!
Dick
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Greetings Tom.

Are the postings made to the new Kayak Fishing group hitting the "latest discussion threads" on the home page? I may be confused but it looks like they may not be showing up.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

:thumbup: ..What about boat building and fly tying :wink: :lol:
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

What about fly tying/rod building/boat building. :-D

Nathan