Kayak Fishing and Adventure Trips

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalach
Site Sponsor

Kayak Fishing and Adventure Trips

Post by Apalach »

Hope that I am not violating any protocols here, but I thought I would give the kayakers on the site a heads-up about some interesting events coming up. First off, the Wilderness Way on the Woodville Highway is under new ownership, and is expanding their tour offerings. If you have not been on a float/fishing trip down the St. Marks, or the Wakulla, or the SLave Canal/Wacissa, or the Econfina, you are missing some of the best outdoor experiences that the Big Bend has to offer.

Here is the schedule for the upcoming months, including some in progress, or just completed. They also rent yaks and canoes, so if you are looking to buy, or to get the family interested, that is a good way to get started, as are the Demo Days that are even better, since they are free! Especially note the 2nd Annual No Motor Fishing Tournament on 4 June.

Here's another cool trip for tomorrow (Sunday, 8 May) that I just saw:

Take Ma to the River!
"Still looking for the perfect gift for Mom on Mother's Day? Join Cathy and Georgia, a mother and daughter guide team, on a Mother's Day mini-trip down the Wakulla River.  The trip will run from 4 to 7 in the evening and will end with a Wine and cheese reception at The Wilderness Way.  Space is limited, so call for your reservation."

850-877-7200
if you or your family are interested in a trip.  

* April 30th: Demo Day at Shell Point during Regatta Weekend
* May 7th:  Slave Canal - Wacissa Guided Trip
* May 21st: Sunset - Full moon on the Wakulla River guided Trip
* May 28th:  Econfina, Panama City full-day guided trip
* June 4th:  2nd Annual No Motor Fishing Tournament
* June 11th: Demo Day at the Lake at Southwood

Web Site: http://www.thewildernessway.net/