Take a Kid report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Take a Kid report

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I started out at the Fort telling my TAKE A KID FISHING party we did not have the fastest boat but we had the biggest boat,(the pontoon). The 20+ minute ride to the lighthouse was informative,little Jesse kept telling me "here comes another boat-he's going to catch us-there he goes",here comes another one. Get the idea? While we may have been the last ones to wet a line we started catching fish right away. Sharks pinfish short trout keeper trout etc. Got cut off by mackeral a few times, then Britney landed a nice 3 pound mack. Shirley was not to be outdone as she boated 2 nice trout back to back.
Little Jesse decided he wanted to help release the small trout after seeing me slip them over the side. The next one caught was his to release. He's going to make a good quarteback someday. I didn't know a trout would do a perfect spiral for 25 yards and still swim away. We fished around the West flats until time to go. On the way in we stopped at the island in the river to let them play pirate and look for buried treasure for awhile. They never found it so we headed to the Fort for hotdogs. Once at the Fort every kid there had his own story to tell. They all ganged up and went boat to boat to boat dragging out all there fish and doing the show and tell thing. I wish all of you could have seen the looks and felt their excitement.
My day was made when both my kids sought me out to thank me,tell me what a good time they had and that they sure would like to go again, and after climbing in and out of the other boats wanted to know if they could go in the pontoon boat again.
Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise they are welcome anytime.
dbplug
Site Sponsor

Post by dbplug »

one word - beautiful!
for petes sake
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

Glad you guys had a good safe trip,
Maybe next year. :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Great Report Steve :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

You couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. The front blocked the full moon and left some really hungry fish!!! Those kids were beside themselves!

My little mate started off a little apprehensive, :oops: not knowing anyone on the boat, but he caught a slew of 20+ inch trout and quickly forgot his shyness! So many fish were being caught that Dante and Courtney took turns landing each others fish. :smt041

When we got shore, Dante would not leave the fish box (except to go see some one else's fish). :o You really have to wonder how big those fish got overnight!!!

After the hotdog roast, the GreenBone turned into the perfect fish cleaning talbe. Thanks to all for donating your catch to the Children's Home.

I just want to thank everyone for their help and participation and for making this such a hugh success!
Sea Gurl

Post by Sea Gurl »

Great report - uplifting - I plan on being a part of it next year for sure. Although don't know if I can put anyone where they will catch "a slew" of 20"+ trout - maybe Greenbone will give me some direction when the time comes. :D

Sea Gurl
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

We went to a couple of spots that usually were productive, but never that generous. My best advice would be grab a house parent and request Diante to fish with you- he will do the rest :D