Tried something new at Marker 24

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

salty_dog
Site Sponsor

Tried something new at Marker 24

Post by salty_dog »

Went freediving with some guys from the spearfishing forum. We left the fort around 9am Sunday and proceeded to the M24 area. I slipped into the water and found that I was not only able to get to the bottom but could alos stay there long enough to hunt. You can get a lot closer to the fish too. Well between the four of us (Salty_dog, SeaBass, Spearopimp and ASB04) we pulled in a 44" cobia, 3 grouper, 4 spanish, 1 trigger and large cuda shot in the lower vis portion of the water column (thought he was a cobia too). Had a blast, not sure if I'm ready to take off my tanks but had a great time. Sebastian (SeaBass) was the hunter of the day with his take of the cobia and a large red grouper. Dinner was served 7pm at Salty's digs where my half prepared some sides to go with a large filet of the fresh cobia that was grilled on the Weber.

Only camera we had was a film type that was purchased at Shields after our return. Will post pictures when we get them developed.
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

Sounds like fun! :thumbup:
nice mess of fish too! :beer: