Econfina

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pops
Site Sponsor

Econfina

Post by pops »

Wonder how the tournment turned out this past sunday at the econfina?
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Well I can tell you, it was terrible, the water temp. droped 10 degrees from saturday to sunday and there was, one thats ( 1 ) limit caught and it was about 10 lbs and 4 lbs was 4th place , me and my partner had 2 fish for 3.2 and we were 6th place , 2 out of the money, about 20 teams had no fish. Big fish was 5.75 lbs, the points leaders broke their foot off and had to rent a boat ( they caught 1 keeper ) the river was very low and nobody could get into the creeks until very late and the wind had the water very dirty. It was a good day to stay at the house...
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

we were there but did not fish in the tournmnet. we did not stay very long on the water
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

pops,
My dad went yesterday. Said there was no water even on high tide. I think he cut a new channel between the last curve and the tripod. :lol: He didn't get a strike. The fella with him got two strikes. Not a fish went in the boat, not even a lizard.
Lester C
Site Sponsor

Post by Lester C »

TF,
My son and I went Sunday, just to fish, not for the tournament. It was low and slow. No one seemed to be catching anything and few were able to make it past the mouth. We ended up going over to the Aucilla (by land). We snatched mullet from the dock at the lower ramp. Much more action than trout on the Econfina.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Lester C
Weighted trebles? If so, where did you get 'em? Larry's quit handling them I think.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Jerry's and JR's both have them.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Lester C
Site Sponsor

Post by Lester C »

10-4 to what Tom said. Actually, another fisherman gave me one, but he got it at JR's.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Larry's son Pat ordered some today. Should be here Tuesday. Hmmm....just in time for a Wednesday Aucilla trip! Will check with JR also. How much are they there. Pat said they'd be around a $1.00 apiece.