St. Marks 10-1

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Saltwater4me

St. Marks 10-1

Post by Saltwater4me »

It has been a while and boy did it feel good!! I haven't had a post in quite some time, but today was a change of pace. I went with a friend who wanted to get his 6 year old out on the flats for his first trout. We put in at the light house about 9:30 hoping to catch the rising tide. We headed east about 3 miles and started working the shoreline looking for a red (and hiding from the wind). No reds and no mercy from the wind, so we set a drift for the trout and things picked up. We were in 2 to 4 feet of water and live pin fish was the bait of choice. Water was any where from clear to slightly stained. I would say three feet of visibility on average. We threw everything but the kitchen sink and it was live pin fish or nothing. We set the six year old to catching bait and before you know it he scored his first trout ever on the bait rig. He had a pin fish on a #12 hook and was playing with it in the water before donating it to the bait bucket. Next thing you know he was screaming DADDY...DADDY!! It was great. Took a picture and released what ended up being one of the few short trout we caught. We got into some really large trout for a while. I kept a 21" and the other guy had what would have been a 24"+ that released itself right at the net. We didn't keep anything under 18". Wind got to be to hard to handle by 1:30 so we headed in with a 6 year old that is hooked on fishing and one nice limit of trout!!

Last edited by Saltwater4me on October 2nd, 2005, 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Support the country you live in OR live in the country you support!!!!"
dave7

Post by dave7 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice report - I'm thinking about heading down there tomorrow and am wondering about the wind...hmm

As far as the pictures - I also got tired of the quality change using the processor and switched over to http://www.flickr.com for my fishing pictures. It's a free site and you can link the photos into your BB reports.
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." - John Buchan
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

Very nice. :thumbup:
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Saw you out there yesterday-that WIND was relentless, never let up.

We went for reds also, ended up with only trout,up to 19".

There's always next time
Last edited by Greenbone on October 2nd, 2005, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

great report -
That wind kept me from going out, not to mention my partner backed out at the last minute, and then I could'nt find a instant replacement.

Great pictures :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Try setting your camera to the lowest resolution possible, and then use photobucket.com for your future pictures..

Great Job :-D
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Saltwater4me

Post by Saltwater4me »

Thanks MJ - I did the Photobucket and now they are a liitle more respectable!!
"Support the country you live in OR live in the country you support!!!!"
dave7

Post by dave7 »

huge improvement :thumbup:
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." - John Buchan
BKTomblin Jr

Post by BKTomblin Jr »

Great report !! .... Im sorry I missed that one, but I had a pair of tickets to the FSU game :thumbup:
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

:thumbup:
eat_mo_crawfish

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

I was out there Saturday, also. Stayed up East River virtually all day to avoid the wind. Caught a couple dozen reds, only two were in the slot, all went back to be caught another day. Caught a few nice trout to 19 inches. They were not as lucky as the redfish, and found their way to the cooler. Wandered out to the flats, caught a few shorts, and then headed home to catch the 3:30 games.

Greenbone: Saw you and your boat. Very nice rig indeed.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Awesome pictures. There is nothing like a young'un with a fish in hand and a big smile on his face :-D