Ecofina 10/16/05 It started off with a bang.................

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina 10/16/05 It started off with a bang.................

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Got to the ramp about 8:00 man the water was low. Tried to ease along with the moter down hit two rocks in the nowake so had to run the whole way out it shallow run at 5 mph. :smt013 Got to the mouth had to alternate polling, idleing, and even had to walk the boat to get out. It took forever till I could get enough water to plane out. Got to a close spot, first cast with a topwater.........BAM a big jack. Lots of fun I thought that was the kickoff of a great day wrong. :smt013 Did not put the first trout in the cooler till 10:30. I tried to hail some members on 14 no takers. I thought I heard some names form the forum.(wevans and someone else) The water was 73 all day and it was hard to find clear water. And that seamed to be where the fish were. Tried from 2-6 foot. What we got was from 5-6ft. The tally for the day was: 6 trout from 15-20"(Bob the builder lost a 27-30" at the boat) 1 big jack, 1 big lady fish, 1 shark, 1 sailcat, and about a dozen shorts. I also lost a huge spanis at the boat, most likely attributed to the fresh gouges on the bottom of the boat. Because he went under the boat and cut 30lb flourocarbon. We through every thing in the box at them. and the winner was a candycorn eel and white with pink or red tail grubs.(which accounted for four keepers in the last half hour, it figures) Were any forum members there sunday? Could you here my hail? :smt017 How bout a report on how yall did. good or bad. :-D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Wasn't me out there :smt010 I had to stay in the recliener all weekend and watch ball games :smt012
While not a terific day :-D sounds like ya'll got plenty to eat and had a good time :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Pinfish king & myself fished Saturday, 10 keeper trout, 17-22 " had 4 between 19 - 20 " , nothing really big though. Caught 2 on pinfish bellies, 1 on a catch 2000 beating the bank fishing for reds and the rest on CT with Candy Corn or Ele. Chicken. Probably threw back a dozen shorts or so, i think the full moon had the bite slowed some but overall a good day.
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

Eileen, Randy, Katie and myself went Saturday, kept 20 trout, 2 sail cats
http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com/pi ... 0003_2.jpg
GO GATORS!!
If it does not meet your standards, Lower your standards!!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:o Pops that's a fine mess o trout!!! :oPlease tell me the secret lure, depth, and location. Frank I thought the full moon was good for fishing? :-D
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

we were east of the tripod, 5 to 6 feet deep, caught most of them after high tide, 4" curly tail grubs, color didnt seem to matter
GO GATORS!!
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

We were east of the tripod also, 4-5 ft. I always do less on the full moon, i think they feed a lot during the night. Plenty of trout were still caught, the next 4-5 weeks is going to be unreal. I think we could see the best inshore fishing in years.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Frank Bradfield wrote: I think we could see the best inshore fishing in years.
I certainly hope you're right.

All y'all done good.
What was I supposed to do today?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:smt011 It figures yall caught them east of the tripod because I was just west. Heck I probably saw you over there in that small group of boats. it seams like I remember someone saying if you stayed to one side or the other going out the mouth at low tide it is easier. Is this true? :-D
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Not sure about that , but my boat was not running right so we didn't travel much. I had some buddies limit about 2.5 miles west of the tripod in 6 ft,I believe you just had to search a little more. I casted enought to that my elbow is still hurting today from working the rod so much.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Frank I heard yall talking about your moter on the radio, that's one reason it's good to know forum members are around. You could have radioed your gps position and I would have towed you in if you needed it. I've towed many people over the years and needed it twice myself. I tried to hail forum members while idleing out the mouth but no responce. I will continue to do so on 14 when I get to go, maybe other members will do a role call so we can know we have friends around. :-D :thumbup: :-D If anyone sees my sundance stop and say hello, I have yet to meet another forum member.
pops
Site Sponsor

Post by pops »

We also monitor channel 14 out of Econfina, 21' Kenner color blue with a orange gator on sides.
give us a calll
:smt006
GO GATORS!!
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

I have the 22ft Sundance, can't miss it. Pops, i see your boat regular ,can't miss that either even though i'm a GA fan... we were pretty near you i think on Sat at one point. We are also on 14 , we go by Teamgrouper. We are usually grouper fishing or diving but looks like we will be doing some more inshore this fall with the new rules. For sure give us a call... frank
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

Look for me soon guys, 198 Carolina Skiff with BBF.Net sticker on the back.
Pops we try to steer clear of gators :wink: :-D
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I'm sure I've waved at all you good folks at Anky as I
recognize all the boats!
I'll start leaving Ch14 running.
I'm more often than not fishing alone in my ole
faded blue FishinSki 17 with Yam 90.
It is nice to know when other members are out!

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.