12/28-12/31 report courtesy of Top Notch Offshore Sportfishi

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captain tom
Site Sponsor

Post by captain tom »

Well Santa Clause must have brought all of us an ocean full of big fish. What a time people have had catching BIG Grouper. The kings have finally thinned out and left it seems, but the larger grouper have been easy to come by if you can get out. The last two trips have been something to behold. Saturday was a beautiful day and I had the priviledge to fish with 2 guys who love to fish. Mike and his son Joe boated a limit of 10 gag grouper, the largest going 25 lbs. The others were all over 10 lbs and many in the 17 lb range. The biggest one hit a dead bait and took off like freight train. Hopefully the pics will turn out and I can share them with you. Yesterday I had five people-the Davis family from Tallahassee plus their sons friend. It was rough and cold in the morning so we didnt go out far but caught over 75 grouper keeping 15 big ones to 20 lbs. Their arms are sore but it was worth it. The stomachs on all the grouper were empty so I guess thats why they are hungry. I heard on the radio that someone had run aground and bent his prop. The December full moon and low tide combination means -no water- in many places. Be careful. Until next time try and get out and have some fun.
One note on the honesty of people at the C-Quarters Marina, where I pick up my guests. One of my clients left his gear bag, containing many thousand of dollars worth of tackle including 3 fly rods and reels, on the dock near his car. One of the staff found them and saved them till they could find out who they belonged to. In many places the tackle would be gone for good. I like doing business with the C-Quarters people and this is one of the reasons. Honesty is hard to find these days but I am glad to know it is still exists to some folks. Come on down and lets go fishing-it is good for you! Captain Tom Stephens
LiveLine

Post by LiveLine »

Capt. Tom,
What depths out of Carrabelle are you finding to be the best this time of year?
captain tom
Site Sponsor

Post by captain tom »

We are catching them in 60-70 ft.
max kirkland
Elite Senior Member

Post by max kirkland »

good report tom thanks for sharing!
LiveLine

Post by LiveLine »

Thanks Capt. Tom :smile: