Carrabelle on a cold 1/9

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Carrabelle on a cold 1/9

Post by rx fisher »

Watched the weather all week, anticipating going out one day on the Weekend. Decided the best weather would be VERy early Sunday morning, with a Kitchen pass and a pew pass, we ( Greenbone, JPGator and myself) get up a 2;30am and 29 degrees to give it a good try.
We were at the river a 5am, and on our first spot a 60 feet before sun up.

We started getting bites right away, not real strong, but if you were careful you could feel them,

We got a couple of Gags in the box, we were catching 5 to 1 shorts to keepers, but it was fun, Caught a real nice Mangrove snapper and a Rock bass.

We tried for AJ around K-tower with some grunts and spadefish for bait but no takers, headed back to towards land and stopped at a few places.
Got another keeper in the box and the highlight of the day with this Bull red that Greenbone brought in.

The day warmed up nicely and we were shedding clothes, Great day on the water and JP got us on the fish.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Man, y'all are gettin inta this offshore thang. Looks like y'all done good, again. :thumbup:

Y'all got up before breakfast . :o I wasn't even up.

How about runnin them reds in toward shore so I can catch um. :wink:
What was I supposed to do today?
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

WOWSER
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Sweet red Don! You've got a knack for those big ones. Sounds like you guys had a good day. :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Nice report and pics there, RX. Glad to hear the cold ride was worth the trip.
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

RX,PJ what a way to break in 2006.PJ,you handle that '24 like a pro. Got to love that 'lectric anchor rig :) .Cold day?? I felt I was lounging in the back seat all day,cept when we were grouper digging.2nd biggest red bull,that was certainly a test of that ole 10yr star rod.Made me PROUD :smt007 .Obviously the pew passes we had were granted from the BIG GUY,cause HE surley BLESSED us.

Greenbone
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

yall done good....

What a BULL RED :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.