Tomorrow's Plan

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Tomorrow's Plan

Post by Tom Keels »

Just back from west marine. Going to install a new Garmin 240 Blue with speed and temp transducer, and a new Standard Horizon FF41 Fuel Flow Meter. Once we do that, we are going to fill some chips, do some sanding, and wax the whole boat. Then perhaps the weather gods will shine on us for Sunday to test it all out.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Waterdog

Post by Waterdog »

Sounds like several of us are doing maintenance getting ready for a new year...

Might make it out on Sunday myself... we'll see, but it will be an after lunch start...
============
Waterdog
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I might wash The Tin Can. Naw, She'd fall apart.
What was I supposed to do today?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Ain't that the truth. :o
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Well, I'm done. Not really hard, just time consuming. I had to do A LOT of cleaning before I could even begin. Had our own little algae colony living in the battery box where the rigging tube is.

I did try to start the motor and the starter was stuck. A little tap and she fired right up. The FF41 worked like a charm. I chased a bad ground for about an hour before the 240 blue would stay on. I think I got that one fixed. We'll see tomorrow if everything works on the water.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Tom, I,m on the verge of purchasing my 240 blue. I will be waiting to here how yours does. Also do you know anybody around carrabelle that could make a custom cover for my 25ft cc .