Name and Phone Number for Boat Rental on Cape San Blas

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Name and Phone Number for Boat Rental on Cape San Blas

Post by Steve Stinson »

Do any of you know the name and phone number for the place next door to Capt. Jack's on Cape San Blas that rents the pontoon boats? This place is on the right hand side of the road just before you enter the State park.

I am going down there the weekend of April 1st with a group from my church and we have more men than we have boats.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve Stinson
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

sorry, no phone numbers for you. However, you can rent a 16 foot Carolina skiff from Presnell's. Pretty good rates for a single day, but only come with a 15 horse and don't break 12mphs. Another option is the st. joe marina; they have pontoon boats as well as some shallow water boats with larger enginesw and rates seem decent. Finally, the Entrance is the place on the Cape right before the state park. These are the only three I know of. Good luck.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

On the cape itself, the only boat rentals are kayaks at Scalop Cove and another kayak place close to the resturant. I don't know of anything just before the State Park entrance.

For motorboats, you have to go to C-30 or Port St. Joe.

On C-30, its Presnell's. Phone number is (850) 229-2710. Here is the website for Presnell's http://www.presnells.com/

Also, there is a boat rental at Port St. Joe Marina called the Seahorse Water Safaris, Inc. (850) 227-1099 that rents different kinds of boats. Its website is http://www.seahorsewatersafaris.com/

Hope this helps.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Oh and just as a helpful hint...you'd better call now and reserve something. Based upon the number of inquiries I've had about renting my unit that week, everyone in the world seems to want to go that weekend. :D