Tandem Axle Alum. Trailer

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Tandem Axle Alum. Trailer

Post by Steve Stinson »

Quickload Aluminum Tandem axle trailer for 21' - 24' boat. No brakes, new bunk carpet, two new leaf springs, galv. rims, new stainless hardware. I bought this trailer for my bayboat, but can not adjust it to fit my hull. $750.00

Email me at sws@bdi-ae.com if interested.

Thanks and Good Fishin'
Steve Stinson
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

What size trailer do you need? Do you need the tandem axles?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

My 2000 Sea Pro came on a single-axle Performance galvanized trailer. After 2 years use, the axle warped and I have flipped it over just to get by.

I was hoping the tandem would work and hold the weight of my rig better.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

O.K. I've got the same problem, more or less. Tires bulging out and wearing from the inside. Mine's a 19ft.'er but heavy as he!!. Might try to stick another axle under mine.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Can it be modified to fit my boat? I've seen a few that have been rigged for shorter boats but they didn't look real sporty.
Last edited by trout fisher on February 12th, 2003, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

From my research:

1. Adding another axle to the same trailer is costly and difficult. ( You may as well swap trailers and sell the old one).

2. It is possible to replace the single axle with one that has a larger weight capacity(6500 lb.), but you have to go to six lug rims and larger hubs, so you can't replace just the axle. Again, it may be easier to sell the existing trailer and buy a new one.

The tandem axle trailer I have for sale is for a deep V type hull, and would not fit my particular boat.

Thanks - Steve
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Which boat do you have? Sea Pro recommended that I adjust the bunks on the trailer to avoid the chines on my hull. I can't get the bunks adjusted in or out enough to accomplish missing the chines.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I would say no, just by looking at the pictures. You are going to have the same problem with your bay boat that I had with mine.
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

my uncle just bought a new trailer for his 19 foot sea pro he went with two axle trailer.........the boat fits better and is better at driving the boat on to it.......this trailer is a hole lot better than the single axle thats for sure.......
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

I think I can put another axle under it. I rebuilt the one under it now. Remember the day I met you down at Econfina Steve(NFGFC tourney)? It walked out from under the trailer that day. :o I brought it home and rebuilt it, then reattached it down there. Balancing will be the feat to accomplish. Have shop, have welder/cutting torch, will try!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

T.F. - Let me know if it works. I would like to see the finished product if you go that route.

Blue Dolphin - What brand tandem axle did he buy?

Thanks - Steve
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

good luck in putting the axle under your trailer the balancing will be the trick just like you said.......
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels