I am usually optimistic but...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BlueDrifter

I am usually optimistic but...

Post by BlueDrifter »

I don't see gas prices ever coming down below 3/gal. These decisions are made by people who could afford $100 or more per gallon. Even going to alcohol wont lower it below what it is now because it cost more to produce alcohol than gasoline. Its espensive to make bio diesel but cheaper than gas. lots of potential for hydrogen but still will be higher than gas because the entire distribution system will have to be changed not to mention new fuel systems for cars.

Solution. Higher mileage cars (which is what the tree huggers want...not a bad thing really more m/p/gal equals less pollutant emission per mile.
the fuel industry is a business and max profits are required by the stock holders.

In my opinion since there hasn't been any restrictions on recreational use then there isn't a shortage. BUT if we as consumers suddenly quit buying I can promise there will be a shortage and restriction. Companies would be required by the laws of economics to cut back production to the point where only the fuel required for us to get to work will be sold.