Dive suit?

This area is for discussing all aspects of diving and spearfishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Dive suit?

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Whats is a good inexpensive 3mm full suit? Brand and style. 1 piece or 2 piece? :-D Thanks
GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

My 3-mil is a Sea-Quest 1 piece....good suit....think it was somewhere around $150-175. You can get'em cheaper.....but I only have experience with the sea-quest in 3-mil.
Pinnalcle makes a good suit also for around the same price in 3-mil.

I have a 7/5 Pinnacle semi-dry...in a word...Toasty!
Wil
Dive Boards Moderator

Re: Dive suit?

Post by Wil »

Hit-n-Miss wrote::-D Whats is a good inexpensive 3mm full suit? Brand and style. 1 piece or 2 piece? :-D Thanks

For a really comfortable and inexpensive wetsuit, look at a Bare Velocity. It's a one-piece and is made from a similar material to a Henderson Hyperstretch. Very comfortable, and pretty cheap too.

I have a 5/4mm (5mm on the torso, 4mm on legs and arms), and they make a 3/2mm as well.

Wil
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Akona makes one of the cheapest and you can get them off ebay ! I've heard from a few guys who have them they like them ok. I have a scubapro everflex in a 3mil and love it. Very low water movement but they are kinda pricey !
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Thanks guys I got the Akona. Nice suit I think. Now I already have an Ocean master purge mask with snorkle and Aeris velocity dual fins with Akona boots. :smt102 What's next????? :smt102 What would you buy used and what would you buy new? :-D
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Get rid of the purge mask. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Get yourself an Oceanic Shadow.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

GC
Site Sponsor

Post by GC »

My scubapro mask has a purge.....no problems. :thumbup:

I'm leery of buying used gear for life support. Yes, there are some deals out there on lightly used gear that will probably perform flawlessly...... If possible pay an authorized dealer check the gear before you buy. And, have it serviced before using it!
Also, look for closeouts on new gear...last year's models, etc.